Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

BANK DOOR

FUJI

This is just a part of the huge front door to a Bank in Coventry............catching the light and cloud reflections  just right for a mono conversion is very tricky................... but I enjoy a challenge:

Best viewed LARGE.....Click on Pic:

Taken with my LX5 a week previous to being kicked out of the Shopping Centre there:

FUJI

post-4-0-57384200-1378283086.jpg

I'd say that's an extremely good conversion to bring out so much detail.

Just out of curiosity, what led you to use this composition with only one full set of panels and two halves? It does nicely divide the scene into thirds but it also leaves me wanting to see the other panels.

You're right, that's a very tricky subject - you've made a pretty decent job of it though. I like the crop, makes things a bit mysterious.

Now that you're at odds with Coventry and its jobsworths, I suppose the next time you call in at the bank you'll be doing the big withdrawal. If you need a new place to put the cash, I have a very large biscuit tin under my bed where I keep my rubber............ Oh God! Matron's here - must dash I'm supposed to be cleaning the latrines.

Korky

I'd say that's an extremely good conversion to bring out so much detail.

Just out of curiosity, what led you to use this composition with only one full set of panels and two halves? It does nicely divide the scene into thirds but it also leaves me wanting to see the other panels.

Thanks!......Annie, Bugsy and Korky......this composition was deliberately chosen, because the doors are circa 15 feet tall, and are at the top of a flight of steps......a wider shot with more panels included, would cause conflict fir the eyes of the viewer, so I deliberately shot with this composition in mind.

I will request that Nanny take a wider shot for us when she is next in town......until I receive written good reasons exactly why I was apprehended last Saturday, it will be a long time before I venture into Coventry again.

Korky! .....I am still chuckling ........the mental pictures that you build for our imaginations.......are....................just that!

Bugsy, the processing was done using my personal adaptation of .....Contrast Grading.....I also pushed the tonal spectrum by using different PS photo filters on layers, these, plus the targeted CG add depth and texture.....a touch on the Unsharp button completed the shot.

FUJI

Now, now, Fuji. You will have the security guards saying that you shot the picture so you could study how to pick the lock.  :rofl:

Ah! Yes Nanny.....but we have commissioned you to take the long shot so members can see what the whole door looks like.

Seriously though, this was taken two week previous to my debacle with West Orchard's security guards.........

FUJI

Yes, Nanny,

I have been taking pics in that area and in the market for years now, without a hitch.......I never take pics in the enclosed area with the escalators though......to me the open areas, are just a continuation of the City Centre, public rights of way as from ancient times.

It's a long story......I'll tell you when we meet up again.......I am Awaiting a reply to my letter, putting a case for Street Photography and for innocent, keen photographers, carrying decent kit. I was never bothered, all the time I used my LX5 and FUJI EXR600 Compacts....both shooting RAW And with good ZOOM. Capabilities ....especially the latter........they just didn't like the look of my newly acquired micro four thirds GF1, because it had the kit 14/45 lens fitted.......so little they know about cameras?

I really appreciated the link put on here for me yesterday.......Photography Isn't a Crime...........

Now we need a wide pic of those Bank Doors Nanny......the others are itching to see all those fascinating panels.

FUJI

......a wider shot with more panels included, would cause conflict fir the eyes of the viewer, so I deliberately shot with this composition in mind.

FUJI

don't disagree but ... as bugs says it does make me wish I could see it all, maybe that's no bad thing but it does make me wish I could see it all :wallbash:

Hi Colin,

I have just found this link for those curious to see more:

FUJI

now that is what you call a seriously pretentious door :smiling:

Fuji - looks like a small step ladder might be handy to get a good angle for a full photo, failing that stick the camera on self timer and raise it as high above your head as you can?

Hey there Fuji - I love this. I like it for its burnished look, almost or similarly looks like a Knight's armour!

All this talk of mental imaginations makes me feel very much at home lol. Great work Fuji my lovely.

Archived