Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

How Much?!?

That's London for you, that's why I'll never set foot there again... well I'll correct that, even though I've retired from being a courier, I may still do the odd delivery there in which case I'll be paid to go.

I'm presuming this is equivalent to our 'Melbourne prices', which scare the country visitors away because of the significantly higher prices than what they are used to.

So.....what did you have instead Phil?

you should have found a pie 'n' mash shop, you could have had jellied eels with it.

we went into a place on the Norfolk broads to eat, I fell over laughing at their prices too, £9.50 for burgher and chips, I refuse to be mugged over, a bit of salad or was extra.  they hike prices up anywhere if you have tourist who will pay.

however, having worked in catering for too long I am not a fan of eating out anyway.

When we were in London in Deep-Dark-February eating a packed lunch outside couldn't even be considered...we did have a couple of chicken wraps tucked away......We spent most of the day exploring the amazing V&A Museum........at lunch time we ate in the service diner there......We purchased drinks then ate our wraps when the waiters werent looking:

Later we had to meet up with Granddaughter and her mum at the Albert Hall (little-un was in a school choir) for lunch.....I was pleasantly surpised by the reasonable price for a proper meal for four in the Restaurant there .....all except for the bottled water that is (£3-75) ....NEVER order bottled water in London:

FUJI

NEVER order bottled water in London:

I wouldn't order bottled water no matter where I was in this country, paying for something I can get free by the gallon at home is beyond me. I've never been able to get my head around why people, if they want water, don't just fill a bottle at home and take it with them. I did buy a bottle once for the littlun while we were out a couple of years ago, it still stings to think about it!  :o

my cousin got a job in London years ago...£1200 a week!! ...he was back within 3 months, £18 a day to park his car, food, rent ect....ended up more skint!

When I was a same day courier I never really got chance to look round, don't really think (besides the obvious attractions) I missed much?

Archived