Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Yesterday's outing.

We decided to have a day out and headed for a place called Echuca, 170 odd klms away. It's a nice town with a lovely historic river port, being the meeting place of 3 rivers - that's what the name means in the aboriginal language - 'meeting of the waters'. The day didn't work out quite as well as we would have liked. We didn't get into the Port of Echuca area as there were 3 school trips on, so about 200 or so school children around. We will be going back at some stage, as this was partly a geo-caching trip.

This is the impressive entrance to a lovely riverside park. Harvesting of Red Gum played a significant part in the economy of this region, and still does, and this gate was constructed totally of local timber, long ago.

035a_zps5d981c83.jpg

In the park is a well maintained picnic area, overlooking the river:

032a-1_zpsbc575c43.jpg

We sat and ate our lunch, which, although being 200 lkms from the coast came from a place that has been awarded the honour of 'The Best Fish & Chip Shop' in Victoria, for the last 5 years. This lunch is called 'It Takes Two'!

006a_zps67fb66f5.jpg

We saw a couple of these coming in to pick up tourists. This is not the most famous, but it is a nice one:

017a_zps05652765.jpg

019a_zpsfa08b40d.jpg

And we saw a Noisy Minah, which refused to stay still!

037a_zpse6a1413d.jpg

Hopefully our next trip will show you more of the historic area.

I particulary like the gateway to the park, what an elaborate construction and by the look of it very well maintained.

While the food certainly looks appetising, what was it? By that I mean what type of fish, what are the rings and wheres the chips! :)

Thanks all for your nice comments. We will return and hopefully get a few more that show you what the place is really like, in the historic sense.

I should have also pointed out that the Murray River, that you see in these pictures is actually the border between Victoria and New South Wales, so the background behind the paddle steamer is NSW. The water levels in the river are also significantly down.

Denis the gate was hand constructed, prior to 1884 and Red Gum is a particularly hardy wood. Today the square ends are used to house a small pumping station that supplies water to the adjoining caravan park, so yes, it is still very well maintained. Lunch - It Takes Two - consists of: 4 pieces of fish of the day, (in this instance Flake, which is Gummy Shark), 4 Calamari rings, 4 Scallops, 4 Seafood Sticks, and a generous serving of chippies, which are underneath that lot!! The entire lunch was YUM :D

Bugs, that what I try to get, although the pictures may not be perfect, I always hope they have some 'interest' :yes

Archived