Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Filing system for photos

I'd be very interested to know how you guys store, file, arrange and generally keep your photos on your computers. I have just over 3000 pics and find it difficult to know what I have and where to find it. Do you keep all your photos or just the ones that are great?

Basically everything is stored by year-month-date as raw files and I have a spreadsheet that I record where I shot on any date and if it was a special event.

The processed files I normally add a tag to the file information which gives the subject, location and/or event, which allows searching in Windows.

I must be doing something right because I can normally find any particular subject or location in  few minutes, and I have something like 80,000 photos on my drives (all backed up to multiple externals, and the RAW files also backed up to DVD)

I keep them on my PC for a while, then save them to CDs or DVDs which I write a few details on.

Some I have done in the hurry to back them up if I have anticipated trouble with my PC, then I write the date that I backed them up then if I can't find something that I want on the discs that I have put a few details on, I have to check the other discs in the PC to see what is on them.

I store them in a huge zip up case which holds a lot of discs.

All in LR.  Import from camera and place in folder by date.  As I process a folder I create a subfolder within it called JPEGs ( my fininshed edits) and one called WEB versions (600px edits), the whole folder is then renamed to whatever the subject is followed by the month and year.  All the RAW images are removed and dumped into another folder I simply call the Z folder, within here are subfolders sorted by subject name and date taken and contains all my RAW images.  All backed up over 2 x 1TB drives. 20,124 images in total.  simples.

I still use a Windows XP for my storing my photos, so I use Windows Picture & Fax Viewer. Each of these folders are for different subjects. It's basic but it works for me, so that's all that matters. I do backup to two other hard drives within my computer and everything is also on my laptop and two external hard drives as well.

150260675.jpg

Edited by JohnP