Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Cob house Fishing lakes .. Old Master style

It does looks darker on my iPad than it does on my iMac .... I’ll maybe just lift it’s tad ... thanks Col...

Completely off topic ...

I see btw there is a one off film in cinemas on the 17th (Tuesday )  to commemorate the Spitfire ... I’m trying to get tickets for my local flea pit . 

Some interesting comments gang .... and all very much appreciated ...It was a bit too dark probably  Col .... so  I have lightened it a tad.

instead of painting it myself with  watercolour brushes this was a  global filter John .... the process  was different to the last on of the cornflowers with this having  addition also  a textured "oilpainted "mask and the global artistic filter smudge stick in  a multiply blend in photoshop... I usually prefer to paint over with my own brushes but  I'm always experimenting .... it's nice  to see some are interested in  this  side  of photography ... ie manipulation of images to change  and create certain aspects. More comments are welcome as it is often contentious  to manipulate  images  especially on a forum  probably mainly dedicated to " photography".

Brian ... Hi ... I did try it with my usual framing  .. ie    like a photo with a drop shadow relief around it  but  it didn't look  right ...  maybe  with no surround at all  is better....here is the original sooc pic . ..Pretty boring innit ..... I took it initially to get the duck hiding in the shade beneath the   landing stage  ...then realised I had the 56mm  lens on and the others were back in the car !

192577532__DSF7565ed1orig.jpg.6e18865503f1021bda8b696c246afba6.jpg

Might have been the black surround.  Sometimes, a dark grey suffices.  Not sure.  As to comments, I agree with you but I'm finding there is a greater reluctance to comment on manipulated images.  

Not everyone either likes the concept or wants to use anything other than a camera to produce an image.... A view I totally respect ...  I started my creative life as an artist, drawing and painting, studying Art and Design and later photography only became a means for me to amalgamate the two with the emergence of the digital age .and making the production of images so much more accessible than it was when using the dark room. There are a few of us on here who really enjoy the post  processing that can veer towards manipulation......I hope maybe we can see more of us posting a a result of this ... there’s room for all of us on here methinks .... ?

With my very limited experience and knowledge all I can say is that if the finished item pleases you, then that's good enough. I only have a basic 'paint' setting that is part of the FastStone suite, but for myself I do convert the odd image if it lends itself to it.

Again a tad too dark on my monitor but a pleasing image to me none the less.

Hi, Polly,

‘I must admit to having difficulty to like what you have done here.....just a bit too heavy for my taste...

After some thought, I wondered if you knew of an iPad app called ....Waterlogue ?.....an amazing app that transforms any colour photograph into a variety of Watercolour options...

Here is what one if the choices gave me...

If you don’t have it on your iPad, I can recommend it.

FUJI

18CF582F-6A3F-4BEB-A953-F1456C4E8A99.jpeg

Thanks Fooj ... yes the Waterlogue app has been around for a while but one has little control over the 7 or 8 versions it does automatically ...  I don’t usually use a global filters but use the photo sometimes as a layer template and paint on top of it using maybe twenty or thirty layers using oil brushes or watercolour brushes loaded with varying. Amounts of paint and then put it on a digital canvas or watercolour paper with different absorption rates.... ... ... I can imagine as you use watercolours a lot , something as dark as Constables  Haywain  would seem very heavy in comparison ... not that I would compare my efforts to hiis. of course ....lol . I love that this particular post has sparked a conversation about digital manipulation though ... it can seem a taboo subject in some circles ... so I really appreciate people joining the discussion....  Appreciate your input everyone .. you too Denis ... I am not particularly enamoured with the outcomes this experiment  but the best way to find out if something works is to try it ...  I prefer to paint it myself rather than use a filter  but I am open to experiment .. 

Thanks Polly.....I too dabble in ...Digital Painting...I have at least four of the top apps...my favourite being....Procreate.

I also dabble in digital Animation....that IS good fun.....but very time consuming.

But since I’ve dabbled in real Watercolours, I have neglected my digital brushes.

I love seeing your work.

FUJI

I like that you have put up the original photo , Polly. It gives us the chance to "reverse engineer" your manipulated image and work out how you did it. Or at least something similar. More please.

Archived