Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A Slice Of Your Life 04/06/18 - 10/06/18

A walk around town this afternoon.. just strolling and snapping all the things that every town has.

A Pub - this one's a good one, real ales and ciders, no music, no gambling machines, no smiles from the bar staff and no paper in the toilets. They used to have a parrot until someone complained about its language.

Pub.jpg

A Market -  All the usual gubbins: spanners, drills, CDs, over-ripe fruit, cheese, chicken and chutney. Oh and there's big knickers. Very big knickers. Just there on the left!

Market.jpg

Entertainment - Here's a traditional Lancashire Morris Dancer dazzling his audience (see reflection)  with a spot of gurning.

Dancer.jpg 

Ahhhhhhh - home at last. Time for a sit in the peace and meditation garden to enjoy a cup of camomile tea, a chocolate muffin and two Diazepam.

Mint.jpg

• Like 3

Today's been mostly about doing paperwork ready to give to my accountant later this week, who so happens to be based in Chorley so I might have a wander around Astley Park and Hall before heading back to Accrington. I did do a late afternoon bug hunt and spotted some of these Red-and-black Froghopper - Cercopis vulnerata. The problem with macro is your subject is likely to walk, fly or jump away just at the moment you get them in focus...

Red-and-black Froghopper - Cercopis vulnerata

red-black-froghopper-6889.jpg

• Like 2

A late evening out to Whalley to hunt for bugs or watch birds..

Spotted this extremely rare Double Headed Gull Catcher.... (I've only ever heard about them...)

gull-catcher-6908.jpg

And a more rather mundane rabbit - though it does look like it's missing a sizeable chunk from it's ear....

rabbit-7027.jpg

• Like 3

Just 2 night shifts to go then (hopefully) back to normality.

I was determined to get out for an hour last night after work, so I grabbed the drone and visited Wressle, a small local village.
That's Wressle Castle in the BG, my intentions were to do a fly-by and grab some footage, the castle is only open to the public one weekend a year, which, coincidentally, is this coming weekend. Now, the only access is via the riverbank, and as you can see there were quite a few cows about. I have a particular aversion to cows following an incident some years ago where myself and the family were charged by half a dozen, I'm not sure they would have taken kindly to a buzzing drone so I wasn't prepared to venture any closer. Of course, I could have flown there from where I was stood but that would have meant flouncing the law, the drone would have been beyond line-of-sight which is illegal, being a responsible law abiding citizen I wasn't prepared to do that. 

Wressle.jpg

• Like 2

Love the birds eye view you get with a drone .... 

When you said you were charged previously by some cows .... I thought  that was out of order ... you should  have got in for free !! 

:sofa: Erm .... yeah it’s awful innit??

• Haha 2

Yeah, great shot with the drone - does it save still images in RAW or are you stuck with JPG?

Cows can be vicious sods if approached when they have young calves with them. Although they're usually docile, they protect their young just like most animals. There have been a number of recorded instances of ramblers being killed by cows.

Have a sken at this from East Sussex County Council

Korky

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Clicker said:

Love the birds eye view you get with a drone .... 

As you can see from the image, the area of East Yorkshire I live in is very flat, no hills for miles, so it does make a change for me to be able to get this perspective.

1 hour ago, Korky said:

does it save still images in RAW or are you stuck with JPG?

It'll do both. I don't bother with the Jpegs, DNG only, although the dynamic range isn't great it does give some leeway for PP.

Glorious image ... there is little more uplifting than seeing a huge expanse of land covered in a blanket of red poppies.. a scene that lasts for just a few days normally. I defy anyone not to associate the scene with “Flanders “ and “ At the  going down of the sun...we will remember them “. 

Poignant image Beepy ...

• Like 1

I spent yesterday afternoon, well a fair bit of it anyways, just listening to some music (I gave the Drill a miss and went for something a little more melodic) and watching some very interesting clouds waft by. Shall be employing a similar tactic for World Cup avoidance <sodemoji.1f44d></sodemoji.1f44d>

Korky

Wafting.jpg

• Like 2

Looks as if a little whirlwind has just blown through that cloud ... but strangely... there is a calmness emanating from it, it’s almost soporific.  Still I’ve no doubt I’ll be able to get the same effect watching England play ....if the past 50 years is anything to go by ....?

• Like 1

A couple of shots from my afternoon spent with Rye will appear shortly - just as soon as I've rested my back injury from using Rye's macro setup.

I now know what you bug hunters have to do to get those macro shots and you now have even more of my admiration.

Korky

• Haha 1