Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A New Toy....

Confession time - I was not going to say anything about this for a couple of weeks, to give myself time to learn and acclimatise - BUT, today we got a Panasonic FZ 150, bought from E-Bay. Excellent condition, still under 10 months warranty. I had extra work yesterday and today, but just had to go and play for a little while. I didn't alter any settings,(although we have got a series of tutorials lined up for when we have a bit more time), worked mainly in IA and macro and I'm really pleased with the results. Don't look at what the suibject matter is, or composition, this was literally just point & shoot. Around the garden, as usual:

064a.jpg

032a-2.jpg

Spider (5ml across) and his dinner

101a.jpg

152a.jpg

Just seeing what a randon picture looks like - just liked the colour of the Pomegranet leaves against the background

137a.jpg

Through our grubby kitchen window - about 30 ft away and just zoomed a bit in IA

108a.jpg

Up about 20 ft, in our poorly lit shed, 3 newly hatched Swallows, waiting to be fed

091a.jpg

All in all very pleased. I can see me getting a bit more technically involved with this camera - and guess what will come for Christmas!:)

Thanks Heather, John, Nanny. We both currently have TZ 20's and are probably going to upgrade to TZ 30's after Xmas. They are brilliant to have with you everywhere you go. The 150 will be a 'play' camera to share for a short while, but at this stage we are still happy we didn't go the full way to a DLSR, and it will keep me busy for a time. Haven't had the chance to even investigate more settings as yet :) It's going working with us today - more opportunites perhaps.

Great news on the new camera.

Bridge cameras are a major part of photography these days as they are 'good enough' for most uses, their lens range can be extraordinary, they're light weight and a sensible price.

On a personal note I wouldn't bother spending cash on upgrading to the TZ30 as pretty much all you are getting is 4x extra zoom - personally I don't think its worth it. Wait until next year and see what the 2013 models bring.

Thanks BP. Really enjoyed another trial run today, mostly point and shoot in various circumstances, just to get the feel of things. I'm actually looking forward to experimenting in other settings. If this one works out well I can see us sticking with the 20's and getting another like this. Has to be a 'his' and 'hers' in this house!

Leon, that's the series of tutorials we found. Have spent the last few days downloading them all so we can watch them and replay at our leisure. Did also pick his location! :)

Fuji, just don't know what to tackle first!!

Archived