Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

To tease you.

grounded

It looks like a road passing over a railway track. The road is the other side of the red barrier where the traffic lights are positioned and you can just make out the railway track in the bottom left corner under the concrete bridge. I presume the metal fan shaped thing is to stop anyone walking across the metal girder. It's possibly some sort of temporary structure.

that wire fan looks like what we use as antennas on our wavetronix (traffic counters) at work.  i would also guess that the train passes underneath that ibeam. 

the top section is a roof, the weeds cross all along the back side of it indicating where it ends and i don't see any obvious access.  the red things are delineators that we sometimes use to block the headlights of oncoming traffic on interstates with just a jersey barrier separating opposite-bound traffic.  the traffic signal looks like it's too high for a railroad crossing, and too low to be on the same level as the roof.  so i'm guessing the roadway elevates and crosses over top of the train tracks, but not high enough for anyone to access the rooftop area.

as above... bridge over railway, metal spikes are anti-vandal/climbing, although they seem a bit odd as if you could climb on the roof to get around them but I'm assuming that is caused by camera angle? The red fans are more for the road beyond again probably as other have said. The thing I can't figure is the 4 posts, they look too closly spaced to be street lights?

I must say you people are smarter than I thought, yes, it is a road over a railway, the posts are the street lights, why so high beats me, the traffic lights are in a funny place because of a short side road going off to the left, right near the apex of the bridge needing access, the red steel fence is an unnecessary  expense in my opinion. The spiky thing is something to do with electrifying the train line. The weeds are growing at the edge of the tunnel, which was dug out for the railway, You have done very well, congrats.

The spiky fan shaped thing is a standard ....Anti-Vandal-Climb deterrent, they are usually fitted to prevent unauthourised access along an exposed pipe or beam....I would imagine that it is in for removal if that new roadway is to continue?

FUJI

was the spikey thing on each end of the ibeam or just the one we see next to the counter equipment? 

if it was anti-climb i think it would be on the vertical poles and not the horizontal.  around here the railways that are close to major roads with don't need anti-climb because they're usually behind fencing with barbed wire designed to keep people off of the tracks.  and that's a standard railroad track, if it's electric rail then it's definitely behind fence.

Archived