Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL GRRRRRRRR!

I receive a great deal of stick because I prefer moggies to pooches.........

....This is a sight that is becoming all too familiar on our regular country walks.......................Just WHAT do the guilty dog walkers expect?

.....A visit from the ......POO FAIRY ???? :wallbash:  :wallbash:  :realmad:  :realmad:

FUJI

post-4-0-73412100-1366656975.jpg

We get it on our front doorstep and they don't bother to bag it.

I  had dogs for many years and always cleaned up after them and took it home with me to put in the bin.

There are red dog bins all over the place these days and people can't be bothered to drop the bags in them.

wonder if i should go outside and take some photos of the cat poo all over my front garden that the neighbours cat insists on leaving as presents for me hmmmmmm.

ok so its not as dangerous as dog poo ( and im not condoning leaving bags of that stuff laying around ) but its equally as annoying and disgusting when you put your hands in it whilst gardening !

Hi, Heather,

Please don't think I was just being anti Dog by taking the shot, and I fully agree with you about your neighbour's offending Moggie........a good strong water pistol or even a hosing will deter that without being cruel.

What the cat does is perfectly natural, and if left the faeces will eventually return to the soil......but it's not the dogs it is dog owners who hang plastic bags of poo up as if on a Christmas Tree.

The shot was taken half way round the Castle Millennium Walk, a mile or so of beauty through long established pasture........can't they realise that if they just flicked or scooped the faeces into the hedgerow it too would return to the soil........I'm not in the habit of taking shots like this, but this one small bag, was accompanied by ....carrier bags.....yes....carrier bags partly filled with the stuff, never mind the dozens of bags chucked into the ancient hedgerow.

At the entrance and exit to the beautiful mile and a half walk there are dedicated bins, plus, ordinary litter bins, so there is no excuse whatsoever except pure laziness..........

Please, please, do not take this personally....... I was feeling pretty angry at the time of discovery and later prior to posting......it is only three years since I had similar photographs published in our local newspaper......the result was the fixing of bins as described.....but STILL..... Irresponsible dog walkers leave poo filled plastic bags all along and around the walk......WHY!

FUJI

wonder if i should go outside and take some photos of the cat poo all over my front garden that the neighbours cat insists on leaving as presents for me hmmmmmm.

ok so its not as dangerous as dog poo ( and im not condoning leaving bags of that stuff laying around ) but its equally as annoying and disgusting when you put your hands in it whilst gardening !

Well said Heather... you had the courage to say what I was thinking but I didn't want to start a war of words.

Well said Heather... you had the courage to say what I was thinking but I didn't want to start a war of words.

Hi, John,

I too, never intended to initiate a Cat vs Dog thing.

I just cannot fathom, why anyone would pick up dog poo, place it, inside ugly long time degrading plastic bags, then HANG it up where everyone has to look at it......as I said......We don't have a Warwickshire Poo Fairy......that filthy bag will hang there for weeks, like dozens ( no more) that are hung on fences, hedges, gates and trees, or, just chucked into the bottom of the hedge.

The very obvious thing to do, is to either carry it until reaching the bin at the end of the walk....or....simply using a scoop or stuck to move just the faeces well off the path, or, under the hedge.

Just to the right, on the gate, hang three carrier bags, containing dog faeces, many more plastic bags full lay lie under the hedges or are left hanging all the way around this extremely popular walk which encircles our famous Castle.

Once, hung or dropped it is very obvious that NO ONE admits guilt, and NO ONE ELSE wants to touch them, very soon, the farmer will be releasing his prize cattle on to the pastures.

Yes! I too would be miffed if a neighbours cat used our garden.....but I have a good hose and would use it, cats only need one soaking, and it does them no harm.....just don't use a pressure washer ;-)

FUJI

This makes my blood boil, it's not only SOME dog owners that spoil the environment, This is a small selection of rubbish in our local picnic area by the river. The paths higher up are strew with high energy plastic drinks bottlers from mountain bikers and runners

.post-13-0-01369300-1366713047.jpg 

Guest DaveW

When I was a kid cats always used to instinctively bury it unlike dogs, so it was quickly broken down under the soil. I may be wrong but I seem to detect we seem to be breeding a modern race of cats that no longer bother?  Maybe it is all the Fox droppings lying on the laws so they think if the foxes don't bother why should we? :D

In most UK urban areas you can be fined (£50?) for not picking up dog droppings and I even noted that that applied on the Costa del Sol in Spain when I was there. Seemingly they have more sensible laws for pet and poultry ownership in urban areas abroad, stopping people acquiring too many for the size of their property:-

"The Brisbane City Council is also holding a series of Dog Breakfasts to promote and explain the new laws it has introduced (hot dogs are not on the menu!) Contact the Brisbane City Council for dates and locations near you.

There are other regulations that relate to the keeping of other animals that the council has also refreshed. For instance, you can only keep three cats on your property without having a cattery permit. A horse cannot be kept on premises with an area less than 800 square metres (that's just over 31 perches in old measures). With poultry, if you live on premises less than 800 square metres you can house no more than six birds (for example chickens, geese and ducks) and premises more than 800 square metres can hold no more than twenty birds."

http://www.pethealth.com.au/Page/its-in-the-bag

DNA to the rescue?

http://www.expatica.com/nl/family/pets/Across-the-globe_-DNA-testing-for-dog-poop-gaining-traction_13741.html

Let's face it urban houses are not intended to be farms or zoo's. If you want to start one of those you need to move to an appropriate area for them.

i have never understood why someone does the right thing and picks it up only to do the wrong thing and leave it swinging from a tree, or a fence....if i saw someone do it i swear i would run after them shouting that they had left something behind. 

and why do dog owners think it's ok to allow their dogs to wander onto other peoples front lawns and drives for a pee...i shouted at some bloke the other day as he casually strolled along the road while his dog was cocking it's leg on my grass. i told him i would take a photo of him next time and report him..

i also reported two blokes in one of our local parks recently to a ranger. they had two dogs just running wild, the dogs had that bull terrier look about them. one poor old lady was frightened to death for her poor little pooch. the sign says dogs must be kept on a lead at all times....so why the strange confused look from the ranger...i think she was actually to scared to approach the thugs....

by the way, i am a dog owner.....but a responsible dog owner, 

Annie, i leave my dog poo bag by the gate when i go on the common. I have two dogs who are both offlead, the dogs tend to go pretty much as they come in so i pick it up and bag it then leave it by the gate. The dog poo bin is the other side of the carpark and i wont risk leaving my dogs unattended whilst i go put the poo in the bins and i dont particularly want to carry it around for up to two hours. Having said that i always pick it up on my way back out the gate and put it in the bin after putting my dogs safely in the car. So not everyone you see leaving a bag of poo is intending to just leave it.

As for someone having dogs offlead, agreed if the area is onlead only then the dogs should be onlead... but please, please, please dont judge a dog by the way they look, just because they are running around and have a bull terrier look about them does not make them vicious or dangerous :(

Archived