Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A starter from down under.

I am living in Auckland, New Zealand but was born and brought up in the U/K. I have been taking photographs since 1948 on and off, at present I use a  Panasonic FZ50 and a TZ10. I have tried a lot of photo forums but have yet to find one that I realy like, what puts me off most of them is that a photo may get 50 views, yet seldom a reply. so let's see how we go here. I like the choose file option to post a photo, makes it so easy so I will try one for you. 

post-747-0-39767400-1366586822.jpg

• Like 2

hi grounded. 

i too had tried a few photo forums before i found tipf. i love it here, everyone is very friendly and helpful. hope you find it the same.

we love seeing photos from other parts of the world.

i like the choose file way of uploading too...so simple and easy..

Hiya Grounded and welcome. Be wary of Annie, she drinks lots of wine and can't sleep at night....I think she's got dark secrets.
We all try to comment on photos, can't always do it but we try....we're very trying people here.

• Like 2

Hi'ya Grounded, and welcome - I'm a 'Possie" - Pom & Aussie!! Live in Aus, but love the connection I get to the UK by being on here. It's fun, very friendly, and (being as I'm not really techno at all), not scary either. Enjoy your time with us.

Hi Grounded, and welcome.

I was put off some other forums for pretty much the same reasons and found some of them very clicky until I found another small forum and this one which I joined last year. They are the only two that I have really felt like I am among friends.

I'm sure you will like it here.  :smiling:

By the way, I have some shots of the Emirates aircraft coming in to land at Birmingham airport. Great minds lol

Edited by NannyFerret

A very warm welome to the TIPF Community Grounded..............most of us do our best to comment on posts; on here, you can receive deadly serious techie help, advice, micky taking, and all things inbetween....just join in the fray and enjoy!

FUJI (The Ancient One)

Welcome aboard! :yes

If it's genuine help, advice, critique (and banter) you're after then you'll find it here. If you're happy to sit back and await all the "oooh aaah aren't your pics fantastic" comments then you're definitely in the wrong place.

That's a pretty comprehensive welcome, thank's all, one thing I would like a moderator to confirm! what is the size of the photos allowed on here? I keep getting the " image to large"  is that the dimensions or what?

The actual pixel size is down to you but anything over 1024 is probably too large.

The error you're getting will be the file size. A maximum of 300KB can be uploaded to the board, the easiest way to overcome this is to use an external host such as photobucket etc.