Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Egyptian

kev7d

Is the reverse side of it a sculpture of a bird/eagle . What 's the history of this Kev... is it a relic from Egypt ... looks in amazing condition if it is ..  Nicely   photographed and processed ...I'm interested to know more if you have the info on it ...Cheers.

Looks Egyptian to me, just trying to make out the symbols, the snake at the top (j sound like joke or French dieu), the next symbol - the wavy line is an N, the eye at the bottom could be a determinative sign (mss) or a two consonant sign (ir), I think there might by a fourth sign in there to the right but difficult to make out. The snake gives the direction to read them, it's facing right so you read them right to left, top to bottom.

Polly / Rye - definitely Egyptian. I know nothing about it.  There are thousands of pieces in the Vatican that it is impossible to read about every piece in half a day.   I don't know about the reverse side either. 

FUJI - thank you. :1_grinning:

It does look kinda old style Ancient Egyptian - but then again in later periods they did copy older Egyptian sculpture styles .I don't think there would be any image on the reverse,

Ok, think this is the statue, still trying to work out who it is and when:

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-an-egyptian-coffin-is-displayed-in-the-room-ii-of-the-gregorian-egyptian-28479794.html

Unfortunately the stock photo doesn't give any description as to the period, which is not very useful since Ancient Egyptian pharonic period started around 3500-4000bc and continued to around 500ad when the last hieroglyphic carvings were made.

If it is, then the first sign on the far right, the long stick with a dogs head is a 3 consonant sign, trans-literated at wsr, the Ancient Egptian written language didn't use vowels, much like Hebrew. (wsr is uaually assocated with the God Anubis or Wepwawet)

One of the main problems with translating Ancient Egyptian to English, is that it's a two step process first you transliterate the signs, and then you try and work out what it all means. Plus there are vocal sounds that just aren't in English, a bit like Arabic (another language that doesn't use vowels.)

What an incredible civilisation they were the Egyptians .. Carving huge  statues and  moving enormous blocks of granite to build temples and pyramids ...thousands of years ago .. The mind boggles really .

It was all done for the Pharaoh, he was the only one in ancient times that went to - I suppose you would call it heaven,- but by helping in building the pyramids everyone else involved was allowed to go. The Pyramids weren't built by slaves, there's documentation and actual buildings/tombs/villages of those that built it and just what they got paid to do it. Deir el Medina was one of the places, that people who built and furnished the tombs lived. I just happen to know about Ancient Egypt, bit like Kev knowing about Napoleon.

I really should take a photo of my Egyptian book collection, which to be honest is 6ft tall by 3ft wide and just filled with books on Ancient Egypt.

Archived