Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

10th May 2017

Oooo...I really like that Rye... Great use  of negative space ..and  super contrast of the sharp focus on the bird and the wire against the oof backdrop .. and the angle too ... Love it.

Ok Beepy    is it especially significant ... the 62?:no:yes or am I being really obtuse ...?:blushing:

Which chapter, which book? LOTR?

The Bible... Matthew 6:2: Thou shalt not post images of obscure numbers on forums, without full explanation - pretty sure it's a stoning offence in the Old Testament...

Thanks Clicker, to be honest all the birds tonight were being elusive and were all a long way off, and as soon as I tried to get closer they flew off, followed by lots of EXPLETIVE DELETED comments afterwards

:lol:

It is odd  isn't it ... that despite doing this  it is so easy to forget ,,, the  next day comes around so quickly that I am sometimes convinced I  have  taken some  shots  only to realise later in the evening when I  go to post one that in fact it was the day before that I was thinking about ,,,The other day I spent all day with  'im indoors shovelling and spreading 5 ruddy tonnes of Forest of Dean  chippings on to the drive to freshen it up ... then  dashed over to the pond to take a nothing shot when I realised there was nowt in the camera for the day  ...Now I'm looking for the pic for the 5th ... maybe I've deleted It ...doh

By the way ...very oddly ....on my ipad Bp 's avatar is the current pic that Fuji  uses..everyting else is Beepy's info .!

I noticed it this morning ....and it's still the case ...but on my laptop it's the proper BP avatar....????

I think the worst part of the OADED Challenge is that now matter how many images you take on one day, its knowing you can't use them again and it's a completely fresh start the next day. One of the things that keeps pushing me forward are the numbers... today was Day 130 of the current year - so already past the 1/3rd mark, plus for eveyone who started in 2016 you're now on Day 496 (and the fact I haven't missed one day yet). Sunday 14th May should be Day 500.

But that said, there's shots and images I wouldn't have got not, had I not being doing the challenge. On the downside, I've now taken 60,000+ shots since I bought my camera in June 2014, so it probably needs a really, really good sensor clean.

I have taken pics every day but lost 8 days worth of images on a  64 GB card that got corrupted last May when I went to Monaco. I've tried everything to retrieve  them ; software etc  but to no avail...,  i f I dont post on time i easily lose them on the dozens of cards I seem to use ..as I said ...currently hunting for the 5th May pics ...grrrr

There is a DOS program called TestDisk, to be honest it's not that easy to use, (and the distructions aren't that easy to follow) but it will recover files from lost or corrupted drives, I used it to recover data from a failed dive which Windows couldn't read, and I got back everything from the lost drive.

You do get about Simon ....that sounds like  more driving than is really good for ya ..,people seem to be put under  far too much pressure on the roads nowadays for commercial reasons ..  Fantastic scenery though ;)

8 hours ago, Ryewolf said:

Which chapter, which book? LOTR?

The Bible... Matthew 6:2: Thou shalt not post images of obscure numbers on forums, without full explanation - pretty sure it's a stoning offence in the Old Testament...

Thanks Clicker, to be honest all the birds tonight were being elusive and were all a long way off, and as soon as I tried to get closer they flew off, followed by lots of EXPLETIVE DELETED comments afterwards

Hahahahaha!!!

I'm reading Blasphemy by Douglas Preston.

We get Stonechats down on the coast and they are reet little buggers to get anywhere near to - your shot is a thousand times better than anything I've managed.

8 hours ago, Clicker said:

By the way ...very oddly ....on my ipad Bp 's avatar is the current pic that Fuji  uses..everyting else is Beepy's info .!

I noticed it this morning ....and it's still the case ...but on my laptop it's the proper BP avatar....????

To be fair that must be slightly less frightening :2_grimacing:

Archived