Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Park (night) Life

Black Pearl

11 hours ago, stevedevil said:

Love the First Image, would be tempted to crop the bottom ???

So its just the grass ??

Always personal Likes

Steve

The darker grass at the bottom is a deliberate inclusion to give the composition weight, something I do with many of my shots. As you say, personal likes.

Two great shots BP......

.......I agree with the others regarding the dark grass line along the bottom....... I can see what you mean about it being a stopper, but a little less of it might be better?

The second is an experiment that has worked really well, the colour combinations and tones are perfect.

FUJI

The second is unusual and not something that would draw my eye to it in the first place if I were there. This is why I do like seeing other peoples take on things!

The first is a belter !

19 minutes ago, Black Pearl said:

The darker grass at the bottom is a deliberate inclusion to give the composition weight, something I do with many of my shots. As you say, personal likes.

An alternative to nd grad?

13 minutes ago, kev7d said:

An alternative to nd grad?

Not really I don't think, its just something I've found myself doing on more and more shots either when framing in the camera or when I process them. On the image of the two silver birch the other day I deliberately darkened the heather in the foreground when I was working on the conversion as it felt right. I've been through periods where I use strong vignettes on many of the shots and if you think back I used to have a black and white border on everything I posted. I often consciously react to trends, sometimes find them creeping into my work and sometimes I just get an urge for a certain look, feel or style. 

~A quick and dirty crop for comparison....

Park Cropped.jpg

Interesting stuff  Beepy .... Seeing the second image without the grounding of the darker area and without the border. .... my inclination is to try the second picture with that border frame which will ground it and use the original without the accompanying  frame as it has the darker area to do that job .. By experimenting I am often surprised by  the outcome ... It's good that our reasons for doing things a certain way are not set in stone ... Principles in art are often best, for me, when not adhered to  or at least challenged... I like your thought processes on what pleases you  in a photograph / image. I hope it encourages more  people to see what they are looking at . 

By the way ...Is that a  CCTV  camera  watching you in between the top two lots of trees  middle right  ?  :lol:

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

By the way ...Is that a  CCTV  camera  watching you in between the top two lots of trees  middle right  ?  :lol:

Yep, they're everywhere these days. It must make a difference though as this park is very clean, I haven't seen any vandalism which for Shields is rare and I don't recall hearing about any nastiness going on in it.

8 hours ago, Black Pearl said:

Yep, they're everywhere these days. It must make a difference though as this park is very clean, I haven't seen any vandalism which for Shields is rare and I don't recall hearing about any nastiness going on in it.

The dogs have seen the CCTV cameras too. :laughing:

Archived