Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Young Little Owl.

JohnP

I have posted shots of this Little Owl before... but not this particular photo. Where I used to live a pair of Little Owls nested every year in a pile of builders rubble at the back of a barn 50 yards from my place. I spent most of one Sunday getting an handful of shots, one of the Owls would poke it's head out of the rubble and spot me straightaway and disappear in a flash. I was trying to use an old stone wall as cover which did help a bit but not much.

post-19-0-31711200-1363083206.jpg

Tis a beauty John. :yes

I can imagine it being reminiscent of the old TV ad with the chap attempting to shoot penguins on roller skates, every time you duck down the owl comes out and sticks its tongue out. :)

Here are some shots of one of an earlier brood from the same pair of Little Owls, these were taken in July 2009 after the youngsters had left the nest. The one above was taken in June 2011 when the youngsters were about to leave the nest.. hope this makes sense.

114883621.jpg

114883608.jpg

114883563.jpg

annie... you can sometimes see them flying around in the countryside... not usually in towns. They nest in all sorts of places, it's usually some sort of cavity. It can be a hollow tree, a hole in stone wall, they like old farm building, even a hole in the ground if it's in a dry place. As I said the young in these photos are from different broods in two different years but the pair nested in the same hole in the same pile of rubble several times.

Not a great shot... taken from my front door (where I used to live).. lots of zoom and a crop.

post-19-0-84817600-1363110437.jpg

Archived