Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

F1 car takes on a fighter jet.

JohnP

MacLaren may have lost Hamilton but just remember during the three years that Hamilton and Button were team mates it was Button who scored the most points... both constructors points and driver points. As the old sayings go... the race isn't won at the first corner and in order to finish first you first have to finish. Personally I think Button will thrive as he will have a car more to his liking as his driving style and Hamilton's were a mile apart and Perez has a style not too unlike Button's, this must surely help the engineers with design and set up.

during the three years that Hamilton and Button were team mates it was Button who scored the most points

Thats true but hamiltons still the faster of the two and although unproven better than Perez Its the absence of lowe this year that will make a differance Watch Lotus if they dont fade mid season GO Kimi

Top gear is for men still in short trousers that play top trumps A grown up motoring programme would be a change

John, I am very much a fan of F1 but a fan of F1 as it was 20 years ago. For anyone to go from last to win in any form of motor racing let alone F1 would be super human to say the least.

I will hold yourself and Fuzzy to your words and give F1 a chance this year. I just hope it doesn't fail to deliver.

We are just winding up to our round of this year's F1, in two weeks. Don't think we are going to get there this year, as the friend who looks after the girls for us is away, and it's too long a day to get them into kennels. We don't actually go for the F1 race, we prefer the practice day, and then watch the race day at home. It is just great to be there, and experience the noise and the atmosphere, but another reason we go on practice day is because that's when they hold our favourite race - the V8 Supercars!! It will be interesting this year, as it has been traditionally Ford versus Holden for many years, since the Walkinshaw team left in the 80's. This year Mercedes are in, with a special car, and I bet they just kill it!  We'll just have to watch on TV, and we have let our mowing go for another week so we are free at that weekend :D

Wish they would show us the V8's over here, they used to show us the bath hurst (I think it was that)

Mercedes are being tipped as a car to watch out for in F1 after there last practice plus the solid times in the others, but practise is never the real thing so we will have to wait and see

Fuzzy, meant to reply to this earlier, but we had our upgrade issues which has slowed us down over the last few days. Bathurst day is our favourite race day. We just love it. We have driven the Bathurst track a few times, because it is just a section of a normal road, and it is FANTASTIC! The first time I drove it, in 2007 the fastest drivers were doing lap times of 2.08. I did it in 5.11 even though I hit 130kph on Conrad!! Of course they do it a hugely faster speeds, but we had to watch out, even though we were very early in the day, for school buses etc, so couldn't really go any faster. Hubby videod my round through the windscreen and we had a real laugh when we saw it and the time :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thats true but hamiltons still the faster of the two and although unproven better than Perez Its the absence of lowe this year that will make a differance Watch Lotus if they dont fade mid season GO Kimi

Well Phil was it still a proccesion

The plastic tyres are ruining pure racing, too many pit stops, leaves the average viewer with no idea who is in the lead till the last few laps, You could have been cheering on Sutil as he was out racing Alonso but as the results show Alonso 2nd Sutil 7th So Alonso wasnt racing he was conserving rubber

F1 is the pinnicle of 4 wheel racing so to develope something that isnt the best is wrong for the sport

• Like 1