Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Brenizer Technique

I've known about this technique for ages but never got round to trying it - until yesterday when I came across this YouTube video that gave me the push I needed:

So.........

I nipped out in the car to try the same thing - with oddly enough the same lens as in the video though I'm sure any large aperture prime or zoom will do the trick.

I tried to be logical in the way I took shots of the car and surrounding area starting with focussing on the nearest headlight but to be honest it all ended up a bit random, didn't seem to matter when the files were stitched but its something to bare in mind. I ended up with 66 files which I hoped would cover the whole scene.

First step was to load the raw files into Lightroom (you can use whatever software you want) and export them to a named folder on my desktop as JPEG's. The first time I did it I didn't resize them so after combining them I ended up with a 230 million pixel file - which was a bit unwieldy to say the least. For this demo I outputted them at 1000 pixels long which made things a bit more fluid.

Screen LR.jpg

Once you have a folder of files start up Photoshop (I think you're going to need this or at least something with the option) and go to - File - Automate - Photomerge. Make sure you click on Reposition as this keeps the image flat - Blend Images Together so they match each other - Folder then point it at the one you created with all you files in. Photoshop will then load them all into the Photomerge box and once you hit OK it will set about combining them. Now this may take some time so a cup of tea/coffee amy be in order.

Screen PS Blend.jpg

After it has crunhed all the files you'll end up with something like the below screen shot. The gaps are where you didn't take enough images and its all still layered so you can tweak any oddities - mine looked to be spot on so all I did was crop it ready for final processing.

Screen PS Layered.jpg

At this point you can do what you want - for this example I shoved the flattened file into ACR and gave it a very quick tweak - if you look at my one-a-day post from yesterday you'll see I made a mono version too.

Focus.jpg

BP

• Like 3

That was  very interesting  Beepy ..  thanks  for that. .You did an amazing job with that  .. At what stage  did you resize the images ... i presume the resized ones are the ones  you loaded into the designated  folder .. jEEZ   You can see why they need to be exported as JPEGS   Yeah   think I followed that ...it actually looks fairly straightforward after that ... erm  well relatively ...:whistle:  ..

• 2 weeks later...

I actually watched this video on YouTube yesterday funny enough.
I have never tried anything like this before but certainly will soon as my son has asked me to shoot some shots of his new sports car.
Thanks for the detailed technique BP. :91_thumbsup:
Will have to try this in the next couple of weeks.
Craig
:1_grinning:

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Craig said:

I actually watched this video on YouTube yesterday funny enough.
I have never tried anything like this before but certainly will soon as my son has asked me to shoot some shots of his new sports car.
Thanks for the detailed technique BP. :91_thumbsup:
Will have to try this in the next couple of weeks.
Craig
:1_grinning:

Your 50mm should be ideal giving an even shallower DoF.

8 minutes ago, Denis said:

66 files for a car ?

I will bring my truck up for you to photograph :)

In hindsight I didn't need 66 as you can see from the uncrossed shot I was capturing way too much - but yes - bring your truck up :thumbsup: