Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Color Efex Pro 4

Got my head around the Silver Efex now I have worked out out Color Efex Pro 4.the trick is in mastering the control points, they are basicley smart masks like in PS which I have not used in years. And as my eyesight is not the best for making accurate mask selections I can see myself using this Nik software suite more an more.:jig:

A Before and after in Color Efex Pro 4. a little over the top just to show what it is capable of.

First using a control point (smart mask) I brightened all the tones in the Cathedral. Second I added a blue graduate filter. now the problem is it also darkens the top of the building as well, so adding a subtractive control point I can remove the effect of the grad on the building...getting to love it.:pizza:

I really should have worked on a 16 bit image from the raw file instead of a already processed jpegjpeg.

163904715.jpg

163904714.jpg

Edited by OlympusPaul
  • Like 2

Thanks for your recent advice Paul, I do not fully understand what I'm doing with this suite of effects yet and it may be a long while before I do. I am a very slow learner.

Small explanations like this do help enormously. I didnt realise that you could use a subtractive point. so I have learned something already !

• Like 1

WELL DONE Paul....

I just knew that once you had mastered those control points you would be up and flying.......it took me quite a bit if time to even discover them, never mind what they are capable of........you must be a very fast learner.....but like me you gave been pretty fast with other software so what you want to SEE in a finished study is already in the minds eye,,so to speak.

I look forward to seeing what else you come up with.

FUJI

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I love Color Efex.

As you know, I take a lot of pictures of my Siamese cat and his chest, which is almost white, tends to burn out when I am using lights (most of the time).  I've found an excellent was to recover it is to use the detail extractor in a heavy handed manner, then put a mask onto the layer, invert it, and paint back in some of the detail that has practically burnt out, using the brush at about 40-50% opacity.  Lots faster and easier than mucking around dodging on a 50% grey layer.

The only annoying thing was I spent £100 on it last December and a month or so later, they made it free (and even gave refunds back to Jan-16).  But can't complain too much, as it's my favourite plug-in and I use it a lot (for other things too).