Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The A to B Of Producing A Landscape.

I thought I would show my general process from the aw file to the finished image.:smiling:

The original raw file and the finished image the steps to follow below. This is a autumn image taken at sunrise at Sandwell Valley.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Although I use Capure One 9 pro raw converter the same thing apply to LR and PS. so into the raw converter for a basic adjustment to get as much detail in all tones as possible, it should look a little flat.

original.jpg

Next I apply a grad to the sky and adjust and a brush layer to the fore ground avoiding the mist as I want that to stay soft and adjust setting for it.

original.jpg

Now I send it from the CO9 raw converter to On One 10 and go to the preset effects and choose  Autumn Valley, apply it making slight adjustment to the setting to suit (yu do not have to have it how it is.

original.jpg

Now all that remains is to apply some high pass sharpening but I mask out the sky and mist area here I do not want it applied..job done.

original.jpg

I hope you found it interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/08/2016 at 21:15, Monomania said:

Terrific work and great image - makes me really jealous. The seat is a bit too dominant for me, but that's nit-picking.

thanks for the compliment, the bench works for me but everyone to there own. Plus a scruffy bush to the right and a tatty fence to the left rather decided the composition.:10_wink:

Great image, Paul and interesting to follow how you got there. This is the sort of input that I really enjoy about TIPF, and that is the unselfish way that you, and others, very generously share their experiences with others. I personally, look forward to little snippets like this and try to emulate them.

A super image, Paul, and in itself your post is a great argument for post processing images as opposed to leaving them SOOC.

I'm not familiar with On1 (although I have downloaded their free version - still to be explored), but I found this helpful and interesting.

Korky

We may have some news in the next week or so  about a new  forum  that may be opened on TIPF  to  encourage more  posts like  this one folks .... We are working on it at the moment  It will  give us a special place to show  before and after versions of  images  and where possible the  workflow involved  to get from  the original sooc image  to a finished processed  version .Thanks to Phil   for looking at this  and agreeing  to trying it out  soon .

We would still post the finished version of our photo in the usual  place  ie if  it was a portrait  it  would be posted  on the appropriate forum  but  if say Olympus Paul offered  to show a workflow for that pic (showing the original and the way he achieved the finished  image)  he would  post that WORKFLOW in the  New special Workflow Section  that will be available,  showing the original RAW IMAGE as the first post followed by the method,  via screen shots or a text tutorial . Once the workflow is posted  using  same topic title  followed by Before and After or Workflow one could add a link to take the reader from the original post ing of the picture  to the  workflow section relating to  it . 

Not only will it hopefully  show  how sometimes a memorable image can be retrieved  from  very ordinary under or overexposed  raw material,. it will give  the very talented photographers that grace this forum  the chance to share their tips and methods of creating  the images we  admire  so often on here . I hope  that  folk will contribute  if  they want  to  and that we can learn from one another  and continue to  enhance and enjoy the art  of capturing an image  that  makes us both  look and see .  I hope you don't mind me hijacking  your thread  here Paul  but I know you and I  have discussed this and that  you have  kindly offered to do some before and after   workflows  like this  for   us all to enjoy using  some of the  substantial archives that you have ..  The staff are having a trial run before we open this up to all members  to ensure we don't find any  glitches or problems so we wil announce   when  it willbe launched very soon ... I think it's quite exciting ....but of course I could be wrong .... I will post  in the Banter box and the  Latte  Lounge as soon as I know when we  will launch this  .....:thumbup:

Polly

7 hours ago, Brian said:

Great image, Paul and interesting to follow how you got there. This is the sort of input that I really enjoy about TIPF, and that is the unselfish way that you, and others, very generously share their experiences with others. I personally, look forward to little snippets like this and try to emulate them.

thank you for the interest Brian.:12_slight_smile:

I know it  takes a bit of time to post  a tutorial type of post with screen captures Paul  so thank you for  doing that ... It is kind of you to take the time to publish them as not everyone  who frequents the forum is maybe as adept at using some of the software  that is available out there  to  help us edit our images  and try to improve them . Thanks for that  ...:107_hand_splayed:Nearest I can find to a High 5 !

I'm all for this, but it is lightroom I primarily use. There are tutorials out there for that software, but many if not all use jargon that dumb people like me have difficulty understanding.

I had to google 'dodge and burn' as I hadnt a clue what it was!, I tried to use GIMP once but phrases such as guassian blur threw me? ...what the 'eck is that when it is at home?

I'm all for tutorials, but please people remember,.... we aint all edumacated :)

2 hours ago, Denis said:

I'm all for this, but it is lightroom I primarily use. There are tutorials out there for that software, but many if not all use jargon that dumb people like me have difficulty understanding.

I had to google 'dodge and burn' as I hadnt a clue what it was!, I tried to use GIMP once but phrases such as guassian blur threw me? ...what the 'eck is that when it is at home?

I'm all for tutorials, but please people remember,.... we aint all edumacated :)

Dennis I  used LR for 5 yhears and it is casicly the same.

Just click on the grad filter as shown (see arrow) drag i8t down over the sky and make adjusments to sliders to darken it down.

original.jpg

NOW heres atrick you cannot do in CO9 next click on the xcolour box and add a colour to the grad filter.:12_slight_smile:

original.jpg

Now you can click on the brush and paint over the fore ground and make adjustments to that.:12_slight_smile:

Archived