Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Phil's York

Phil

On 6/13/2016 at 09:43, Black Pearl said:

I wonder if the lasses in the coffee shop went home on Saturday night and told their partners and friends about the group of men who 'met via the internet' as Phil put it?

I was rather hoping you'd forgotten about that  :blushing:

• Like 1
On 11 June 2016 at 21:54, Phil said:

This was much later in the day but one I had to get in early.

You could see Steve eyeing up the strap for the entire day, eventually it got the better of him :happy:

Sniff.jpg

I was taken aback.......I just didn't realise that a meeting with  our BEEPEE meant that you had to kiss his hand. 

FUJI

• Like 1

First time ever that I've done a walkabout with other photographers and I loved every minute of it.

It's great to see everyone's take on the day - for me, you can just keep 'em comin'.

Today I've just edited pictures and browsed the forum. Enjoyed that too.

Korky

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Korky said:

It's great to see everyone's take on the day - for me, you can just keep 'em comin'.

Fairy snuff.

No doubt Denis will be along shortly to explain why but he was determined to see this mirror in the basement of Betty's Tea Shop.

Mirror.jpg

And my take on guitarist at the minster, trouble is there's always some character lurking in the background.

Lurking.jpg

1 hour ago, Korky said:

First time ever that I've done a walkabout with other photographers and I loved every minute of it.

Good fun aren't they. 

I enjoy going out with the family as they're great in front of the camera, likewise I enjoy heading out on my own for an hour or two's peaceful shooting but when there are a few likeminded people I see more shots as I walk about and get more from the day mostly for being able to chat about a subject I'm passionate about with others.

Ah! the Mirror in Bettys Tea rooms....

Opened in 1921, Bettys Tea Rooms  were based on an idea by the Swiss born baker Frederick Belmont. This was the flagship of his Tea rooms, the original being founded in Harrogate.  He had designed Bettys in York to look similar to the Regal decor of  the Queen Mary Cruise liner. The basement of the Tea Room was used as a  Bar during WWII by the large contingent of Canadian and British airmen from the RAF's 6 Group of Bomber Command who's airfields surrounded the City of York.

It was well known that operational details of forthcoming targets were top secret until the call to the nights briefing on the actual airfields. These details remained under strict security. But it was also well known that details of the 'target for tonight' were often known about by the waitresses of Bettys and as such the basement bar was refered to as the unofficial 'Ops room' for the Bomber crews, where they apparently learned much about bomb loads, fuel capacity for the raids that coming night and could deduce within reason where the raids were going. A heavy bomb load and light fuel loading denoted a reasonably near target, like France or maybe the Ruhr valley (often called Happy Valley due to the enormous flak defences that ringed it)  A lighter bomb load and increased fuel load denoted a more distant target like Berlin, Nuremburg, Munich ect.

About six hundred airmen signed a huge dressing mirror during the war years, and did so with a diamond pen. I wanted to see this mirror to see some of the names of those very brave Canadian and Commonwealth airmen. Many who had signed the mirror never made it back from their first Op over enemy territory. Many only managed a few ops before their aircraft and crew fell to enemy flak guns or Luftwaffe night fighters. The lucky few made it through a tour of  thirty ops, and maybe went on to do a second tour.

All aircrew were volunteers, 55000 from Bomber command  were lost during WWII, the least I could do was to visit the mirror and remember .

• Like 2

Just found the time to catch up on your fabulous day out guys .... Please do it again  some time in the autumn ...  I hope to make it next time...  the pics are great .... ... looks like you had a really good day out ...:lol:

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Phil said:

While Steve was tapping folk on the shoulder and getting shots for free, mine were costing me £1 a time :X

That explains why I drive an Aston Martin and you pump around in a clapped-out Ford  Focus!

BTW - The edited busker shot is an absolute cracker. I won't be posting mine.

Korky

• Like 1

As I didn't take many arty pics I thought I'd better post some of those I did manage.

The Ouse.

York1.jpg

Rye an' Korks checking the settings, BP has spotted something.

Settings.jpg

Some folk will talk to anyone.

York2.jpg

Rye's natural pose.

Eye-In.jpg

RnD.jpg

Not too impressed with having the camera pointed in his direction.

Impressed.jpg

The obligatory 'bullet train headlight' shot.

Bullet.jpg

Oh so close, just missed the moment with 'em all in a line.

Missed.jpg 

• Like 1