Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

EXPERIMENTING

FUJI

I am currently in the process of experimental mono candid Street Portraits, as described in a recent link I posted here.

No requesting a pic, but firing the shutter at close range.

Camera in Burst Mode, with Tracking Focus.....I'm still getting the hang of it.

FUJI

BLUE CAP mono forum.jpg

WINDOW CLEANER mono forum.jpg

Mornin' Fooj

I assume it's the method of taking the photos that's the aim of your experimentation and if so, I'm not seeing a lot wrong with either shot. Both are good, strong, candid portraits.

I think the processing is a bit off-kilter, though. Neither image has a good black and both are crying out for the old-style Fuji processing.

Don't know if you realise, but Google/Nik plugins are now completely free and Nik Silver Efex is superb for producing mono conversions. If you do realise, then sorry, I'll keep my gob shut.

Korky

Thanks both,

Yes! I agree with you.......the experiments here are part of  initial stages of learning, a new edgier approach to Street Phorography and Street Portraiture.........I have recently discovered the up-front, edgy work of Swiss Street Photographer Thomas Lethuard 

If you look him up on You Tube, you will see just what I mean, He has a direct approach to the genre that should excite any potential Street photographer........he is a little TOO edgy for me with his waiting for getting very close then ensuring  eye contact before pressing the shutter.

His use of, Burst Shooting mode and Focus Tracking are what I would normally use for....Birds-in-Flight.....I used both for these shots and it really works.

Post Processing?

He uses, a Mac Pro and Apple Aperture software......I don't have these, I have attempted to follow his suggestions, using Photoshop, High Pass and Topaz......I obviously need to play with the sliders a little more to get it right.

Should you be interested, here are his Post Processing Methods for his fantastic Street Work....

FUJI

Both good candid shots Fuji and no 2 is a cracker but no 1v looks unsharp/out of focus to me.

Camera in Burst Mode, with Tracking Focus.....I'm still getting the hang of it.

Fuji you may not realise this but tracking focus does not continually work in burst mode,focus is set at the first press of the shutter and stays locked on that first focus till the end of the burst at least it does with Olympus mft and I believe it is the same for Panasonic.

Thank you for your interest, advice and comments...........I like the edit.......the more the merrier.

You know! 

I hadn't thought of that?......of course the tracking focus would only work for the first shot if a burst...

'A QUESTION THEN......_Which is best........Burst.......or.........Trackinhg.......for best results on the hoof?

FUJI

I like the second original shot a lot. The first one is just a bit too light - your edit is OTT.

Burst mode can also involve tracking focus, as long as you compromise the maximum FPS you get. On my camera, I can have 5 or 6 FPS WITH tracking, and up to 11 using the mechanical shutter, without it. (With the electronic shutter, and no tracking, it goes up to about 30 FPS which is ridiculous - you might as well turn the video on!)

Hi, BillE

Thank you too fir your observations and comments....all grist to the mill....

As far as I recall, I was shooting at f4.........

'I have certainly stirred up the comments pot with this latest series of a street Portraits?

That is good, because it proves that the a Forum is alive and well ........ Most of you know that, despite being an old fogey, I do like to experiment, to cross the traditional lines, or to bend all kinds of photographic rules.

All done mainly to keep my old head working, to keep the creative spirit within me on the ball.

Today, I changed to my Sigma 30.2.8 ART lens which is deadly sharp....so.....watch thus space......as they say.

FUJI

On 27/04/2016 at 13:10, FUJI said:

Hi, BillE

Thank you too fir your observations and comments....all grist to the mill....

As far as I recall, I was shooting at f4.........

'I have certainly stirred up the comments pot with this latest series of a street Portraits?

That is good, because it proves that the a Forum is alive and well ........ Most of you know that, despite being an old fogey, I do like to experiment, to cross the traditional lines, or to bend all kinds of photographic rules.

All done mainly to keep my old head working, to keep the creative spirit within me on the ball.

Today, I changed to my Sigma 30.2.8 ART lens which is deadly sharp....so.....watch thus space......as they say.

FUJI

Are they the things you draw straight lines with?!

Archived