Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A walk in the sun

Clicker

I like the composition very much - great how you've used the giant branch to frame the other trees and the rolling fields.

I've got reservations re the processing, though. For me. it lacks contrast and is just a smidgin' wishy-washy. I'm not picking out any solid blacks and nice, bright whites, just a range of greys.

Hope you don't mind, Clicks, but I've done a minor edit and I think it improves the image quite a lot. I twiddled the levels and then did a TINY bit of dodging and burning. Perhaps my edit has clogged the shadows a touch, but it's only meant as an example.

Korky

56c2efc236900_ClickerEdit.jpg.1d54a0adfd

• Hi Korks ... I love it when someone else wants to play with images I have posted  so  no worries there m'lud !! I ve been out all day with a friend who lost her husband two years ago today and I didn't want to be on her own all day... It's been dreary anf miserable enough... So we had lunch and some retail therapy . I'm on a mini iPad at the mo so it' s difficult to compare the two versions  at the moment.    I have to admit  I often avoid too much of the blackest of blacks....   It always seems like it's wasting a space where detail could be shown It always seems a bit like sleeping ... Which always seems like a lot of wasted time  to me ....daft really innit. .. Cos how can you appreciate being happy if you don't know what it's like to be sad . So .... I shall revisit the contrasts in my images ... And see if I find the deeper ones please me more .... I might post the coloured version too ...  Thanks for the interest Squire.... I shall bear it in mind and check it out side by side when I get on my  bigger monitor. Your thoughts are always appreciated... Well the ones that are suitable for print :lol:

Thank you all for your  contributions Gang ...I have just put them up side by side and I have to agree about the  tweaking ...It does benefit from a tad more contrast . I think I spent a couple of years working  with merging 4 or five  pics in HDR  and it does  impair the decision making when it comes to  contrast work  I find.  Thanks all for your input .... and for Colin ...the colour version ... Yeah...actually ... what was I thinking eh .... I mean  ...all that Blue going to waste !:lol::lol:

_1130398-ed1col-s.thumb.jpg.6cecdfb2659d

Archived