Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Jon

Decided to take an IR filter down to the river on my lunchtime walk, and although I still cant process the images very well I managed to get a couple of mono shots I was reasonably happy with

Prebends Bridge

24916916196_2e30d7374a_b.jpg

The (ubiquitous) Cathedral

(milky water warning)

24916915616_9902aaa60e_b.jpg

The second one is especially nicely composed for me Jon .    Processing is something very personal  ... If you use photoshop there are lots of tutorials online and it's just a case of  practising and experimenting    ... It's al lot easier to access photoshop now by subscribing and paying a monthly subscription than it was years ago in the nearly days when you paid a fortune for  it ...  

I have family who moved to Teesside a long time ago...  I used to go on walks to Roseberry  Topping in my youth!   Maybe you feel you could join us on  Project 52  i it's about taking and posting one pic every week from the week before ... Just to get a  sort of discipline into using ones camera as second nature instead of maybe going out particularly to shoot on a given day ...  Korky started it ... And I think people can join any time as long as they try to do it every week ...  It isn't rigid if you have a problem sometimes. But it's more about trying to be committed ...  Anyway ... I digress as usual ...  :yes

Some very nice effects here, Jon. I don't mind a little milky water as long as it's not overdone. However, I'd be interested to know if you've done a perspective crop on #2 as the towers seem to be very parallel instead of tapering inward. Just curious!

As Clicker says, it would be nice if you could join us in the 52 project.

I think it's far enough away Brian for the perspective crop not to be necessary ... Of course I may be wrong  ...It's usually  when it's a bit closer and the camera has to tilt up to get it all in the viewfinder  that buildings seem to lean in     .  It is a clever useful tool though isn't it ?

Well why not join us then Jon

Read up on  how it works  here ...

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/forum/63-the-52-project-2016/

You can post on by Sunday / Monday ..an image taken any day since and including the previous Monday. Basically it's one every week ... Once the photos  are posted by Monday night    we can  chat discuss,  have a bit of banter about them etc.  You certainly are welcome to join in  and start now and post something you have taken since last Monday  by  this Monday ... Korky usually yells a reminder to us  in the chat room every Sunday/ Monday ...:lol: It might  be  just the thing to kickstart your love affair with your camera again:yes ... worth giving it a go maybe  ...?

Polly..

On 2/12/2016 at 11:03, Clicker said:

I think it's far enough away Brian for the perspective crop not to be necessary ... Of course I may be wrong  ...It's usually  when it's a bit closer and the camera has to tilt up to get it all in the viewfinder  that buildings seem to lean in     .  It is a clever useful tool though isn't it ?

What I meant, Polly, but didn't actually say, was that to my eyes the tower was tapering outward toward the top and not inward. This made me think maybe there had been a perspective manipulation.

2 hours ago, Clicker said:

Ooooh I didn't really notice that Brian.... I think it's an optical illusion ....

. If you set up a grid ...the tower walls  all seen perpendicular  to me ...lol mind you I have had a few glasses tonight :lol:..

That was my whole point, Polly. The tower should be tapering in at the top and I wondered if Jon had straightened it up. I'm beginning to sound a bit pedantic aren't I? I don't mean to.

Jon - As Clicker says, you're very welcome to join Project 52 if you fancy. You'll need to post an image tomorrow or Monday that has been taken and processed in the previous week.

If you do join in, please commit to posting one image every week for the coming year. There will be little 'challenges', but nothing too esoteric. Last week, for example, we shot in JPG rather than RAW. Comments are open once everyone has posted, but there is also a discussion thread.

I hope you can join us.

Korky

Archived