Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The TIPF Big Day Out 2016

Korky

1 minute ago, Ryewolf said:

I shall be bringing lens wise:

Canon 24-105mm L f4
Canon 100mm Macro f2.8 USM Canon + Ep12 and EP25 extension tubes
Sigma 150-600mm
Venus 60mm 2:1 Super Macro - for anyone who fancies a go at using it

Cameras: Canon EOS 100D and Canon EOS 300 - has I've still got 20 shots left on the Film 24 Challenge

And a large suitcase no doubt :happy:

5 minutes ago, Ryewolf said:

I shall be bringing lens wise:

Canon 24-105mm L f4
Canon 100mm Macro f2.8 USM Canon + Ep12 and EP25 extension tubes
Sigma 150-600mm
Venus 60mm 2:1 Super Macro - for anyone who fancies a go at using it

Cameras: Canon EOS 100D and Canon EOS 300 - has I've still got 20 shots left on the Film 24 Challenge

That a very nice dollop of kit, but will you be bringing anything we can sniff?

Korky

• Like 1

Hells bells that a serious amount of weight to be lugging about.

I'll have the X-T1 with the trusty 35mm on - complete with my nasal tingling hand-strap which all joking aside I'll ask for comments on as I'm testing it for someone and all feedback will be greatly appreciated.
I'll sling the Hadley over my shoulder with the 12mm and 55-200mm in it as that is my typical day-to-day kit to cover most subjects.

Just going with the new D5300 and my 35mm f1.8, this will be the lens I shall probably use most.

Phil, do you think Mablethorpe to York will take 2.30 hours?  Mablethorpe-Grimsby-Humber Bridge-York not a journey i have done even by truck so just a guess.

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

And a large suitcase no doubt :happy:

Not quite a suitcase but the Lowepro Flipside 400 is big enough to get everything in... Always be prepared did dib dob dob and all that..

Alas no new leather to sniff, (unless armpits count - I'd advise against that personally) weather forecast thiogh is for light cloud..

Looking forward to meeting you all .

16 minutes ago, Denis said:

Phil, do you think Mablethorpe to York will take 2.30 hours?  Mablethorpe-Grimsby-Humber Bridge-York not a journey i have done even by truck so just a guess.

Mablethorpe is quite a trek from me, but I'd have thought 2 1/2 hours was very do-able.

10 minutes ago, Denis said:

Just going with the new D5300 and my 35mm f1.8, this will be the lens I shall probably use most.

Google says 2hr 25 min no traffic but toll (40p if I remember correctly) on route 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Black Pearl said:

Hells bells that a serious amount of weight to be lugging about.

I'm getting used to it, Better be prepared than not have it when you need it the major weight is the Sigma 150-600 at almost 6 kilos. The rest I can fit in a normal gadget bag, but you never know what you may see

7 hours ago, Denis said:

Denis you might like to check the roads near Barnetby Le Wold as there are road works which have been causing some serious problems, I don't think you can avoid them.

• Like 1

I have been too busy for comments on here but I'm making myself go into work late today cos it's taking over my life!!! I'm getting the train to York., it was only £19 but can anyone tell me how far the cafe is from the station? I'm very nervous being the only female I have to say. I have met Ryewolf already though so that's good. Still I'm having cold feet.

Chrissy - I'm sure there's no need to worry. I don't think it'll be a blokey day out and we're a very respectful group in general.

For me, it'll be a social occasion rather than a 'my lens is bigger than your lens' kind of day. I think it'll be great to meet people face to face and I don't give a sod about taking any photographs.

Anyways, you've met Rye before and I'm sure he'll act as your personal security for the day.

Korky

2 hours ago, CanonChrissy said:

I have been too busy for comments on here but I'm making myself go into work late today cos it's taking over my life!!! I'm getting the train to York., it was only £19 but can anyone tell me how far the cafe is from the station? I'm very nervous being the only female I have to say. I have met Ryewolf already though so that's good. Still I'm having cold feet.

A quick Google shows the distance is 0.3m and should take 6mins to walk.

Chrissy when you come out of the station with your back to the station go left 

Go straight over the traffic lights towards the city wall 

Go under the wall and turn left 

Walk along the wall not the footpath and before you go down to Lendal bridge there is a set of steps down to the river go down these

The Pesky Peacock is directly in front of you at the bottom of the steps across the road and up some stairs 

4 minutes at the most if you dawdle 

• Like 1

Well I have my train ticket, now have my directions, have reassurance that you are a nice bunch so I will see you there. Will wear trainers in case I decide to do a runner when I meet you all!!!!

By the way, who fancies home made truffles??????

Edited by CanonChrissy
add text