Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Early bluebottle

Paul

That's just ridiculously brilliant  Paul!!... I can't believe I am feeling sad 'cos  a bluebottle died !!!!

Still.....he's been immortalised now .... forever online if early bluebottle is googled !   He'd have settled for that I reckon ... ;)

3 minutes ago, Clicker said:

That's just ridiculously brilliant  Paul!!... I can't believe I am feeling sad 'cos  a bluebottle died !!!!

Still.....he's been immortalised now .... forever online if early bluebottle is googled !   He'd have settled for that I reckon ... ;)

When the time comes, it has to be...   :happy:

Paul.

5 minutes ago, Brian said:

Even those rotten things are quite beautiful when viewed close up. The detail in these is phenomenal, Paul. Lovely images.  Those eyes look just like the speakers on my Phillips stereo.

Thanks Brian - they say there is beauty in everything...

Paul.

1 hour ago, Clicker said:

...Incredible images though aren't they ? :yes

They certainly are. It's a pity that you (collectively) live so far away, I bet Paul could do some cracking macro workshops.  :cry:In fact all of you seem to have some special skill, that I would die for.:cry:

9 hours ago, WereBo said:

Stunning detail and quality there :unworthy: - If it's any consolation for it's passing, there's plenty more where that came from :lol:

I can't wait for more! :lol:

6 hours ago, Brian said:

They certainly are. It's a pity that you (collectively) live so far away, I bet Paul could do some cracking macro workshops.  :cry:In fact all of you seem to have some special skill, that I would die for.:cry:

I'm hopeless at most other genres, lol... I have been asked to do talks at 3 camera clubs, but so far, I have said no...

4 hours ago, FUJI said:

It has all been said Paul........the face of a Bluebottle isn't pretty, but you have captured every crook and nanny.......Macro Photography at its very best.

FUJI

Thank you kindly Fooj.  :happy:

3 hours ago, Judy said:

THose are really all fine, Paul, but that last one with all the detail in the complex eyes is fantastic :)

Thanks Judy - all in the eye of the beholder...

Paul.

1 minute ago, Mitch said:

Outstanding Macro, is it a stack or single? What lens did you use Paul?

Cheers Mitch.

All these are single images, I don't do much stacking, rarely tbh. So one shot, usually I use f/11.

Paul.

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

Cheers Mitch.

All these are single images, I don't do much stacking, rarely tbh. So one shot, usually I use f/11.

Paul.

What magnification? Am impressed with the DOF even at F11 it can be quite shallow, you have done a cracking job.

1 minute ago, Mitch said:

What magnification? Am impressed with the DOF even at F11 it can be quite shallow, you have done a cracking job.

It would have been beyond 1:1 on the closest but it was cranked all the way up to 2:1 - Sometimes focusing become very difficult so close due to the loss of light falling onto the subject.

Paul.

Just noticed the ratio in the text on your images lol, am using my phone at the minute so only zoomed into the centre of the image lol .... I am waiting to have a play with a 5:1 lens, although I probably won't start that high lol

4 minutes ago, Paul said:

The 5:1 ratio of the MPE-65 is a real challenge. DoF, light, and manual focus are all major obstacles to overcome in the learning process. 2:1 is hard enough!

Paul.

Got the light sorted, have a ring flash with lamp, it's the MF I will struggle with, my eyes aren't that good any more, but am determined to get some halfway decent shots.

9 hours ago, FUJI said:

It has all been said Paul........the face of a Bluebottle isn't pretty, but you have captured every crook and nanny.......Macro Photography at its very best.

It has indeed all been said. Stunning! :clap:

1 minute ago, Black Pearl said:

Very impressive Paul - toying with one of those lenses for the Fuji. Being a stop-down design isn't an issue with mirrorless and as the X-T1 offers both focus peaking and digital split image I'm thinking it may be easier to use than on a DSLR?

Maybe easier, yes. I would Google to check compatibility however - I do recall there was a Sony mount that required an adapter, not sure about Fuji's though.

Paul.

The Fuji will take pretty much any SLR lens with a (mirror box sized) adapter. I have one for my Pentax lens and a couple on order for some Nikon and Carl Zeiss lenses i have lying about. 

My Samyang 12mm is a stop-down design but the Fuji will meter correctly when the lens is stopped down - I tend to leave it at f11, focus just off infinity and just shoot. 

Archived