Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Rheola Store

Brian

Still cataloging my old photos and came across this and thought you might like to see it.

Rheola is now the almost deserted site of what was once a very rich gold field with many thousands of "Diggers". Originally it was called Berlin, but was changed with the outbreak of WW 1. This is what is left of the Old General Store.

IMG_2772a.jpg

15 hours ago, Judy said:

That's lovely, Brian.

So many old buildings are a sad reminder of all the mining settlements  that have been and gone and the lives lost.

Perfect processing.

Thanks, Judy. These sites are dotted all over NW Victoria, even Wedderburn itself is one of the old gold Settlements, but was lucky in being pretty central and had a pub, newspaper etc . With "Health and Safety" being non existent, death was just around the corner and there are many roadside graves, even a couple within Wedderburn itself.

5 hours ago, CanonChrissy said:

Mono works well. Did you take it as an intended mono? Would look great with a pencil sketch effect too

No, Chrissy. I was just driving past one day and saw it for the first time, even though I'd passed it many times. It was just an ordinary, nothing shot until I got it into Photoshop and saturated some of the colours, especially the sky. Then tried b/w and voila!

A fantastic photograph, beautifully processed of a building with lots of history........it would be a great place to take a metal detector, as long as you avoided snakes and dodgy Ozzy Spiders.

FUJI

2 hours ago, FUJI said:

A fantastic photograph, beautifully processed of a building with lots of history........it would be a great place to take a metal detector, as long as you avoided snakes and dodgy Ozzy Spiders.

FUJI

Old bushman saying, "Beware sticks that move".  :cry: I reckon this "stick" was about 2 mt. long. Not poisonous but still scary. 

IMG_0810.jpg

Just catching up with lots of posts ... The Forum has been pretty busy the past few days ...

I like the overall  effect of this one Brian ..and  it seems to suit the mono format... I would be interested to see the colour version.. If I was going to be ultra picky :sofa:.... I would ask  you to check the trees outlines behind the left hand back corner  of the  building( in large version) ... If you selected  the sky at some stage in your processing  it looks like it may need a bit of feathering where it meets the trees ... or maybe its a result of chromatic aberration and needed defringing in Photoshop before you converted to Mono ...

I find it happens to me often with trees against a contrasting sky :question:... In fact it happened in a recent one I posted the 366 project...I'm never sure why and  I don't even notice it sometimes but I was  looking at all the fine detail in your pic when I just came across it ..It certainly  doesn't affect the  overall view of the image ...  I really love it ... Hope you  don't think I am being over critical ...cos your photoshop skills are outstanding. and I am a  fan of your work.. Anyway... It really is still a  very  good image ...:cheers:   

Archived