Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Early morning walk Sunday 25th Oct

Denis

Three shots from this morning

Norman Chapel, Harlowbury, Essex. This small chapel consists of a Norman nave and chancel in one. It lies to the far east of Harlow New Town.

21836048174_23b2792932_b.jpg

And a couple from along the River Stort

22469980101_88a0ab63f7_b.jpg

21837599453_0b954373bc_b.jpg

22271936619_0b20cb10e2_b.jpg

What a super set of images Denis ... A real advert for getting out as early as, or late as possible to catch that wonderful quality of light that permeates almost everything for those tantalisingly few hours. If you have any more like these consider one for the weekly competition .".anything backlit "   ... to be posted by midnight tomorrow . Just a thought;)

I love these Denis ... All very thoughtfully composed .. Lovely work ! 

Well he should know ... :lol: One of the first things I was told when I started wielding a camera  was that almost every type of image is enhanced by very early morning or late evening light  and usually there are fewer people, cars  etc about to compromise some of the natural vistas we want to record. It has made an amazing difference to the aesthetic quality of your images of these scenes Denis ... Take a flippin' bow sir ;)

The first one is the strongest, sound composition, good lead in and nice lighting / colour palette.

The glancing light in the second reflecting off the balconies and windows is strong but my eye drifts off down the canal and gets lost, perhaps a tighter crop?

2_edit.thumb.jpg.e5aec516c9e34ed3933f1a0

Three is a lovely scene well composed, the only slight drawback is the pull of the bright sky. In my edit I have copied the image onto a new layer and reduced the exposure by 1.8 stops then masked it back for the narrowboat and across to the opposite bank. You could get the same effect in Lightroom with a radial filter. My edit here is far from perfect as it leave a grey and odd looking sky. Possibly bracketed exposures were what was really need at the time. One useful point is to use the cameras lowest base iso as this gives the greatest possibility of opening shadows if you have to under-expose to control the highlights. At iso 100 on the Canon 5DMk3 for example I can open up both shadows and blacks by 100% without inducing noise (not that I have to push the sliders that far very often! I'll stick up an image called "Nature's palette" where I had to do this because of the extreme contrast from where I was shooting.

3.thumb.jpg.9a849a86a35ddf5f3f7758275418

#4 is probably the most challenging as it lacks foreground interest. A saying that stick in my head is "Find a really good view and put something better in front of it." You could carry a couple of blow up sheep n your camera bag!

That said it is a very pleasant scene and a well balanced exposure.

All in all though a lovely set.

A beautiful set of pics indeed Bill, #4 does it for me, with the watery sun and mist-covered fields - It's waaay too long since I've seen scenery like that.....

I prefer the original post of the long-boat, the 2nd version has lost the vibrancy of the 1st.

Thanks very much Bill, I appreciate your input.

I was pleased myself with #1 as I had spied that as a potential photo last year.

#2  I thought about a crop but didnt want to lose the view down the river

#3 I shall have to experiment with the radial filter on lightroom but take on board what you say regarding ISO.

#4 I liked the sky..that was the sole purpose of the shot,  I knew it had not a lot going for it....blow up sheep eh?... try explaining that to a nosy copper :)

Thanks again Bill.

Archived