Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Cathedral Cloisters...

Korky

Another shot from my visit to Durham last week - cloisters at the cathedral.

I did a couple of shots with people in as I was hoping the juxtaposition of ancient architecture and modern clothing might work, but it didn't. So I went for the peaceful, contemplative look.

Korky

22064983908_2376097b46_c.jpg

Wonderful colour  and   well composed again ... I   really like it   ...Durham is such a fine Cathedral in such an awesome position ... The stone reminds me a bit of the  Cotswold  stone when it's weathered.  It  is thought provoking  being in a place that has stood for a thousand years almost . I see there are special Photography evenings  when  one can take  photographs inside the Cathedral.... I suppose one can understand why  it isn't allowed  normally .....   but it must be very tempting ... to sneak a few ....;)

Pleased to see you remaining  serious as you   predicted and that maintaining an admirable sense of decorum  is proving  to be less difficult than maybe some suspected.  Jolly good show  ol' chum !!

Thanks, everyone.

Judy - I'm not a man with religious leanings, but I absolutely loved my visit to Durham Cathedral. I was just gobsmacked by the history and the atmosphere and the craftsmanship that went into its creation and the sheer size and majesty of the place. A superb afternoon.

I never had that there posh folks education, so we can't compare notes. University of Life, me :whistle:

Korky

Yeah, my father was academically brilliant, though he came from a working-class Nonconformist background, and therefore made it a priority that I got as good an education as he did. I doubt I would have got to university without that helping hand / motivation. 

Think he should be awarded a B.Shk (Hons)

Is this the internet equivalent of speaking about someone as if they aren't in the room?

Another example might be.............. I think she's being a bit bloody touchy, here. Perhaps I've tweaked one of her raw nerves.

My comments were meant to provoke a bit of banter, not promote a discussion on the merits of university education and working-class backgrounds.

However, if I've got it wrong and been disrespectful, I apologise. Sorry, Judy.

Korky

Did you look up at all the ceiling bosses in the cloisters, they're fantastic?

I did......

Green_Man.thumb.jpg.8c6401b939c8f29723b4

Talk about Snap, BP  and Korks....

BP ...When you stood in exactly the same place as Korky  was there any grafitti in the area saying " Korky  waz  'ere";)

Seriously though....what a small world  that you both were  drawn to get that image and it appears  to be processed in similar  styles ...it appeals to my 6th  sense that  like-minds are drawn together  through the cosmos ..like magnets...Or maybe it is just pure coincidence eh :lol:

My goodness, what a strange thread this has turned out to be.

Thanks for the comments, Chris and Clicks and Judy. If I'm honest, I like BP's version better than mine!

Clicks - BP doesn't go out and take photographs any more, he has a gadget and an app for that. He stays at home and controls everything from his Apple Watch. A bit like General Jumbo used to in the Beano.

41rEZC0eFAL._SY300_.thumb.jpg.4573b5e1a0

Nearly missed this...

super picture Korky, I keep trying to shoot the cloisters over at Lincoln but every time I go they are either closed off or the light is 'not right' for what I'm looking for. Those old gas style lights suit it too :thumbup:

Archived