Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Please note  there is an important notice to read regarding the future of this site ... see link below :-

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/60475-tipf-will-be-closing-down-on-30th-june-2024/

Thank  you

Clicker and Ryewolf.   Admin 

What's on your photo hit list?

Ryewolf

There's quite a few things on my photo hit list but at the moment but the one at the top of my list at the moment is a Kingfisher. While I see them quite often - usualy a blue blur as they fly away - I've never been able to to a photograph of one. Tommorrow I'm off to Martin Mere in the hope I might see one.

So what's at the top of your photo hit list?

• Like 1

You may have noticed, that I have no particular ....Hit List......my eyes are my guide, and my inspiration, and my camera the tool that makes my photographs what they are.

I once had a hankering to capture a Kingfisher....and other birds or insects for that matter.....then, after a while, I realised that all Kingfishers are almost exactly the same, unless of course you can catch one mid flight with a dripping fish in its beak.

I sometimes wish I had more photogenic landscape close by.....our famous Castle next door is such a cliche to local folk, we walk past it daily without a second glance ......sad to say many landscapes too have become photographic cliches.

when we first set out on the Photographic road......we all go through the exciting stage of say.....Bird in Flight.......First Rose of Summer......Autumn Leaves.....Bluebell Woods.....etc, etc.....but I am sure for most....Photographer Mojo wains after we have practically gone through the cliche list.

Could I encourage you therefore to, lift your eyes beyond the obvious, the cliche, and the mundane......instead....seek out the very essence of life around you, or the deeper corners of our wonderful world......it can be found, in portraiture, Street Photography, The Coast and  within the miniature world of insects and bugs.

Above all, enjoy our amazing hobby to its fullest extent........I do. 

FUJI

FUJI

Edited by FUJI

You may have noticed, that I have no particular ....Hit List......my eyes are my guide, and my inspiration, and my camera the tool that makes my photographs what they are.

I once had a hankering to capture a Kingfisher....and other birds or insects for that matter.....then, after a while, I realised that all Kingfishers are almost exactly the same, unless of course you can catch one mid flight with a dripping fish in its beak.

I sometimes wish I had more photogenic landscape close by.....our famous Castle next door is such a cliche to local folk, we walk past it daily without a second glance ......sad to say many landscapes too have become photographic cliches.

when we first set out on the Photographic road......we all go through the exciting stage of say.....Bird in Flight.......First Rose of Summer......Autumn Leaves.....Bluebell Woods.....etc, etc.....but I am sure for most....Photographer Mojo wains after we have practically gone through the cliche list.

Could I encourage you therefore to, lift your eyes beyond the obvious, the cliche, and the mundane......instead....seek out the very essence of life around you, or the deeper corners of our wonderful world......it can be found, in portraiture, Street Photography, The Coast and  within the miniature world of insects and bugs.

Above all, enjoy our amazing hobby to its fullest extent........I do. 

FUJI

FUJI

....so long as you also have a list of things you'd like to aspire to because there is nothing wrong in having a dream.

....so long as you also have a list of things you'd like to aspire to because there is nothing wrong in having a dream.

No, not any more ROBIN............when you get to my age, there is no need, as long as your health is reasonable, grow old disgracefully.......like what Korky and I do :happy:

Oh!........Hang on!.......there is just one thing........an iPad Pro :lol:

FUJI

You make a good point, the Kingfisher might be a bit cliched, but I see them so often and yet have been so elusive. I think a lot of wildlife photographers never stop chasing that perfect shot, I think we all do that to sme degree, it;s not just a matter of ticking of boxes. I'd never seen Red Squirrels befor this year, but that hasn't stopped me wanting to see more. I think a lot of the pleasure is being out there and seeing it with your own eyes, the photographs are an attemt to convey what we saw on that particular day.

A little useful information for anyone wishing to photograph the Northern Lights, the main destination over recent years for this has been Iceland. A professional photographer friend of mine say's northern Finland is the best place for this because its not an island and less at the mercy of adverse weather conditions.

Edited by JHFoto

my hit list is easy or so I thought, a damn Magpie, they see me without a camera they hop over, with a camera the fly away

They are difficult, very shy and skittish and not only that the contrast between lights and darks is always tricky, I have Magpies that visit my yard every day - they come for the wrms I put out and I;ve still to get a really nicely exposed shot of one. Yet you can't really go anywhere without hearing or seeing one.

Jays are another common bird I see that I;ve never been able to photograph - and I see them all the time - theyre even shyier than Magpies.

There's quite a few things on my photo hit list but at the moment but the one at the top of my list at the moment is a Kingfisher. While I see them quite often - usualy a blue blur as they fly away - I've never been able to to a photograph of one. Tommorrow I'm off to Martin Mere in the hope I might see one.

So what's at the top of your photo hit list?

Penington flash, Pengy's hide ;)

I started a thread like this last year I think..

mine's pretty easy, I just need some spare time and money, I just want to wander round the very tip of scotland in my car and take Photo's of whatever I want too.

AND do the same round the Lake district.   and Iceland, the ice is some pictures looks amazing.

Did I mention Utah?

Guess there are many things I want to photograph....