Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Yet another 5 more Shades of Grey

Finally got 5 more Shades of Grey images together, I'm determined to get all 50...

shades-grey-7334.jpg

shades-grey-7336.jpg

shades-grey-7969.jpg

shades-grey-7987.jpg

shades-grey-8894.jpg

It's been an interesting challenge so far and far more challenging than I expected, it's also yeiled some surprising results. The last image of the 5 was taken from across the road, so I couldn't see the names scratched into the surface. The first image is a white road direction sign, until I took that shot I'd hadn't noticed they were made up of honeycomb patterns.

So that's 20 down, only another 30 to go..I might actually finish it in another 6 months.

Thanks BP and Chrissy, it is a great project and I've still not been more than 10 miles from my house to find these, sometimes I see likely candidates as I'm driving to somewhere else, so I always stop and grab an image. I can see it getting harder as I go along, many new buildings use steel clad outer structures, but all tend to look samey. I may start cursing you Chrissy or myself for accepting this challenge as I get nearer the end,:thumbup:

Thanks Nanny, to be honest, who really looks closely at roadsigns, I wouldn't have until Chrissy suggested my original 4 should really be 50. I;ve been creative with angles on occassons but all are shades of grey and not monochromes which woud be easy... I must admit it is getting harder these last 5 have taken over a month to put together.

Mind you it does mean I;ve visited local towns that  wouldn't normaly have in search of the right images and I've also seen things I wouldn't normally have seen. I may come away with nothing for my shades of grey challenge but always come away with something that I liked or wouldn;t have seen otherwise.

Thanks Clicker, I would probably have left it at 4 images. I hope it does inspire people, it certainly did with me. I may not have the 50 images yet, but determined to get them all, no matter how long it takes.

Last year BBC Springwatch did a 100 days of nature challednge where for 100 days you posted 1 image that you;d taken that day. That was also inspring to come up with something different each day,

It's good  to give oneself a project to run adjacent to stuffwe  maybe normally  focus on in photography ... i 've been collecting photos of doors  for a few years..... it's surprising just how varied they and their surroundings actually are ... !! And yes ... i am serious ...:lol:

I've no doubt that you are serious, doors is no less worth a subject than my shades of grey, The 50 Shades of Grey challenge might seem daft or unusual to someone else, but like any creative art you've got to push yourself and look further, and this is my way, I just hope at somewhere along the line of creating it, others also enjoy it,

Archived