Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

PHOTOGRAPHIC NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS PLEASE

FUJI

You will all know thatI recently challenged myself to master...Bird In Flight ......shots, by practicing on our resident flock of super-fast Black Headed Gulls. It took hours (and I mean hours) of careful observation and practise to capture just a few usable shots.

Once the camera settings have been mastered....... freezing an ...In-Focus...flying bird becomes relatively easy....but, it isn't so easy to place that 70 mph plus subject correcty within a frame whilst at the same time capturing it against a suitable Background.

Setting the Focus to Constant and practicing high-speed Panning helps:

I will continue to practice these recently acquired skills...but what's next???

My Photographic New Years Resolution is........To combine ALL that I have learned so far to produce fewer but better finished photographs........................Not an easy task for a camera wearing oldie with all the time in the world.

I also (after watching that excellent Tutorial) intend to use Light...more creatively

I can shoot up to 60 pics a day, so it isn't going to be easy:

What is your Photograpgic New Year Resolution for 2013?

FUJI

I'm thinking of simplifying my photography as I've lost interest in complicated, do everything, huge, heavy cameras and want to get back to the joy of actually taking pictures.

I've talked about it before but I am closer than ever to getting shot of all the Nikon gear and getting a Fuji X camera. To be honest it will come down to money as I can't justify spending a lot of cash but if possible I should end the year with new, smaller, lighter and simpler camera system that I hope will put the joy back into taking pictures. I spent a good few years with a Contax G system so I know I can survive without an SLR.

On top of the practicalities there is the fact that the X system is jaw droppingly beautiful and the sensor will wipe the floor with just about any DSLR on the market:

Fingers crossed as they say.

My honest answer has to be to simply make the effort.

Back in September I sold all my existing gear to upgrade, I now own a Canon 7D with just one lens a Canon 17-40 L so my options are limited.

I was hoping my next lens was to be the Canon 100-400 for wildlife shoots but I've just been asked to cover my sisters wedding in August so I'm on the look out for a Canon 85 instead. The 1.2 would be the obvious choice but not sure I can justify the cost for a lens with limited use.

Back in September I sold all my existing gear to upgrade, I now own a Canon 7D with just one lens a Canon 17-40 L so my options are limited.

I was hoping my next lens was to be the Canon 100-400 for wildlife shoots but I've just been asked to cover my sisters wedding in August so I'm on the look out for a Canon 85 instead. The 1.2 would be the obvious choice but not sure I can justify the cost for a lens with limited use.

When I was asked to be back-up photographer for a distant relatives wedding last summer, I purchased an 18-200, a cracking all-runder of a lens........I was pleasantly surprised when the bride's parents gave me a cheque for the full amount spent as a reward for the pics.

Just drop a few hints Phil.

FUJI

The 85mm on a cropped body was my concern.

Since being informed of my duties on Xmas day (which include giving away the bride as both our parents have passed away) I've done loads of research and the 50mm 1.4 was up there with my choices. I really need the speed.

As it's the second time around for both my sister and her hubby-to-be it's not going to be a fancy affair, the ceremony, reception and booze up are all at the same venue but I do feel obliged to make a half decent job of recording the occasion.

Its a lens that I understand why Canon shooters want but really its no use wide open and it costs a small fortune. A 50mm f1.2 might be easier to use day to day but even that is overkill in 99.9% of situations.

For the sort of money you're looking at for the mad bright primes I'd recommend a 24-70mm f2.8 L

hmmm....some RAYNOX pictures (other than pens and pennies)

and actually (are you concentrating?)...take LESS pictures!. my reasoning?, I miss too much, went to the rally and touring cars spent more time looking at the camera than the cars going by!, and trips out with the kids I tend to miss the fun.

I was also going to say be a little less sarcasmistic on here but I dont see that happening :)

• Like 1

My resolution is simple - GET OUT OF IA MODE!!!! But not so technically so that I lose the fun I have in 'happysnapping'. There are many things I'd like to have a go at - beautiful landscapes, but we have to travel so far to get something different from what we see in our local area. Better composed portraits - but who of, Kandy Kobi and Kelly? One new theme I could try is mono. It's something I never think of, but I love looking at some of the pictures on here, so maybe I can find some suitable subjects around, we'll see.

• Like 2

going to try to get out more, due to the weather and not great health issues, last year went by without many snaps being taken.

do more weddings (one booked for october) and try to sell more of my images (just sold another to the lad who bought the tyne bridge one), in the process of making calendars for next year so i'll see how that pans out. got all the kit i need, maybe another good flash but that's it.

in the mean time just practice with indoor shots.

geoff

The 50mm f 1.8 is supposed to be a useful lens for the price and it gives you 80mm on the 7D. I bought 7D 6 months ago and found the noise very hard to master (compared with the M9) now that I have I am quite happy to use 3200 iso on the 7D

beautiful landscapes, but we have to travel so far to get something different from what we see in our local area

i think most of us feel like that about our local area, just remember what is mundane and ordinary to you can look beautiful and interesting to someone else. personally i love looking at your world through your eyes :)

• Like 1

I bought 7D 6 months ago and found the noise very hard to master (compared with the M9) now that I have I am quite happy to use 3200 iso on the 7D

Although miles better than my 450D I was surprised at the noise levels of the 7D. After using CS for 6 years now I've only recently discovered that the noise reduction within Adobe Camera Raw is possibly the best on the market so the noise is no longer an issue.

Although miles better than my 450D I was surprised at the noise levels of the 7D. After using CS for 6 years now I've only recently discovered that the noise reduction within Adobe Camera Raw is possibly the best on the market so the noise is no longer an issue.

...... a direct result of packing so many M Pix into a 1.6 crop sensor I expect .........