Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Please note  there is an important notice to read regarding the future of this site ... see link below :-

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/60475-tipf-will-be-closing-down-on-30th-june-2024/

Thank  you

Clicker and Ryewolf.   Admin 

Going to be 'on and off'......

Kobione

There has been a lot of work going on in our area to get the NBN, (National Broadband Network) up and running. Because of where we live it will not be by fibre optic cable - we are too 'remote', but we are very lucky that we will be able to get wireless. We are JUST within reach and that is because of our where our house is situated. Took these just to show you. Taken from the back door, and in the zoom one you can see the tower that will provide our service - just to the left of the centre tree in the first shot:

009a.thumb.jpg.7a9d45d84d5288982f3858090

008a.thumb.jpg.bcaef1352fcd8c0f69baeabcb

Out internet has been terrible for the last couple of months while the work has been going on. We never know if we are going to get on or not, and that is going to be the case for the next couple of weeks. We have been notified that our connection should take place soon, but if I'm not around much this is the reason why. It will make a huge difference to us for 'net speed and hopefully reliability.

Was going to add in the '10 things' that we love modern technology. Why - well look at us all, a diverse group, but we have a 'virtual bond' because of a common interest, and we can interact from almost anywhere around the world and chat on - great!!!!!

Now that is a longway for broadband connection, ok you are allowed to get a little bit jealous nw, but my fibre broadband connection is just 600 yars away and I can walk to the cabinet in under a minute. But yours looks miles away, so good on ya (I believe that's that's an Oz saying) for being with us and hope whatever thery're doing they do it quick.

PS, I forgot to add most of us in the UK would be extremely envious for a view like that from our back door. I know I am....:thumbup:

• Like 1

Yaay!! We just got the phone call - Tuesday arvo it is for us.

Phoenix we are very lucky. Our neighbours 1.5km downhill from us - no way. It is only our high position giving us the sight of the tower that's OK for us. If you look at the expected coverage map we are about 500metres inside the farthest from the tower boundary.

Well surprisingly enough - all sorted!!!! :D:D  the installation guy turned up yesterday, earlier than expected, but we did a bit of a rush moving the last couple of things and our NBN connection was installed.

009a.thumb.jpg.ff98ed1b9f4ac11064aaed4ab

Thought we would have to wait another week for our new modem to arrive, as our connection was originally scheduled for then, but no - it arrived today!!!!

We just got home from Bendigo, where we went to get new Ethernet cables etc, David connected everything and bingo - we were on!!!!!!!!!!!

Just did a speed test and previously our download speed averaged between 3, and 5 KBS - now 25 - 30kbs, and our uploads averaged 1- 3kbs, now15kbs. Brilliant!!.

Very pleased also with the service we received from our new provider, so hopefully can be a bit more active with faster and way more reliable service now. :lol: :lol:

Edited by Kobione

Richard, Ron - we are SOOOOO lucky, and we are just stunned by the speeds we get. It all comes down to our house placement, and it seems that we are the very first in Wedderburn to be connected. Some will be connected by fibre optic, but ours is fixed wireless and working just great, and the signal is so strong we can either be here in our 'puter room, with the his & hers desktops, or in the lounge with his & hers laptops!! :D:D:D