Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Childhood Memories

Pushing the boundaries of motion blurring using the history brush( in CS6) whilst trying to keep the essence of the subject ....a distant memory of a childhood seaside holiday...

Been looking at it too long  so not sure if it works ...:ermm:

childhood_memory_s_ed3x.thumb.jpg.4d8557

Will look afresh after a sleep....:sleeping:  I  did one yesterday that i think I prefer ....

like the idea, but I think there is too much blur, perhaps if there was some water in focus at the front of the image and the rest out of focus/blurred then it might be better, but at the mo, not keen.

geoff

• :lol:Hey thanks for looking you two ... I think the eye searches for a focus naturally somewhere  but that is why I didn't want it to find it ... Like a memory that is slipping over a precipice,  from long ago that you often find yourself trying to remember the details of ..... Oh dear . .... I think oldtimers  is likely to be the diagnosis :lol:
  • I haven't given up on it yet as I feel there is something in it that I'm trying to portray but it's not quite there... I will try retrieving some extra focus by maybe adding ripples in more focus in the foreground and see if it is the answer . 
  • it was  never gonna be everyone's cuppa ..... But then .... Marmite  is still in the shops! 
  • Thanks for engaging.. Always appreciate your views ...

Just  seen your reply .... Great minds eh ...That's what I have done Judy ...been at it all day with about a dozen results ... This one i have added a bit of water to the wet sand in the freground and  brought in a little more focus with just 3 percent opacity on the history brush ... I really wanted it to be as out of focus as was possible before losing complete definition ... like a dream one is trying to recollect .this one I am happier with ...though not completely satisfied .See what you think ... We're often on the same page with this sort of stuff ...:lol:

finaldistant-memory5s.thumb.jpg.fae72244

Thanks Rye ... Appreciate your suggestions too and the link ...  That was interesting ....:thumbup:

Here's the original photo ...for what it's worth I duplicated   5 times and did almost a reverse HDR on it  using the motion blur at 6 oclock( vertical  on one copy ;on two another versions  I went back  in varying degrees with the history brush  from a horizontal motion blur  to pick out just a hint of the big boat  and the  crests of some waves then i added some  shallow water and  more distinct reflections using the  smudge tool  in the foreground.... Tweaked levels and colours etc dded a toning gradient .... blah blah  ...Trouble is I could post 12 variations and I still would be unsure  which one I preferred ! :unsure::dizzy:DSC04748_resized.thumb.jpg.e6994499ed557

Doh ... now I think it should be brighter !! Grrr

I think I'd bring up a small selection more into focus.

What I do for you! - I tried to find the image I was thinking of. Found a couple of slides. Then realised I'd not linked my scanner to the Mac. I connected and the Mac recognised it.  It seemed to work but I'd put the carrier in the wrong way so it came out black. Decided to go search for a new driver (Mac version) . Downloaded but now the scanner doesn't seem to like the Mac or the Mac doesn't like the scanner.

Think I'll go lie down in a darkened room and come back when I feel 100% :( 

Oh Dear ... did you  curse me then ....Don't go to all that trouble Judy .... ( OUCH ... ) I've  put the original over  the latest copy and reduced opacity as far as I really want to ... I don't want to see features ... this is   the result ... Now i'm going kennel blind ... can't tell which pup to keep !

Here's another edit....   brighter  too... cept the horizon now it makes my eyes hurt!

THINK I'LL CALL IT A DAY  :lol:finaldistant_memorycopy_and_pastedsm.thu

Archived