Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Some close up shots from today

Thanks. I used autofocus via live view, zooming in to check sharpness as it focussed. The camera was on a tripod with mirror lock-up enabled and a remote shutter release but the wind complicated things.

Thanks. I used autofocus via live view, zooming in to check sharpness as it focussed. The camera was on a tripod with mirror lock-up enabled and a remote shutter release but the wind complicated things.

Sorry, that's not what I meant. Was the AF set to AFS, AFF, or AFC? I've just discovered that my handheld close-up shots should never have been with AFS, so I switched to AFF and now have much sharper, i.e. focused, shots.

Thanks for the comments all. :)

I had it set to one-shot AF. The other options are AI Focus AF and AI Servo AF. I understand the other two modes are best for moving subjects but I'm not sure I can use them through live view on my camera (I'll look it up in my manual). I know the live view mode has got better since my Canon 450D. I can try the other AF modes with normal shooting though so thanks for the suggestion, Chris.

Number one looks OK but two and three are well out of focus......... :)

The shallow DoF is intentional. I set a wide aperture because I just wanted certain bits in focus.

Its a bad idea to photograph flowers outside on a windy day, unless of course you can find a way of holding them steady. No bells or whistles on the camera will prevent blurred out of focus shots if you target moves while taking the image, I hope this helps........:)

Its a bad idea to photograph flowers outside on a windy day, unless of course you can find a way of holding them steady. No bells or whistles on the camera will prevent blurred out of focus shots if you target moves while taking the image, I hope this helps........ :)

That's actually not true. If you combine a reasonably fast shutter speed (1/250 or faster) with AFF (so the camera focuses at the very last moment), you will improve - though not guarantee - the chances of getting a good shot.

And just to throw my hat in the ring

A perfectly focused shot sometimes isnt as good as a blurred one

I know of image makers that deliberatly induce camera shake to achieve there desired results

Where 1 is a good shot of a flower 3 is a colourful image

Just occasionally its good to step outside of the norm and get blown away in the wind

Not at all, I am not saying what you said is untrue, but I was only saying that if I were to photograph flowers outside I would not do so on a windy day. Each man to his own.. :)

Fair enough. Sometimes though, you don't have much choice, so you have to make the best of what you've got. My advice was geared towards that, how to overcome (or lessen) adverse conditions.

Archived