Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

That is a great shot Kev! The colours, light, perspective etc, draw you into the picture. The fact that the cycle has it's light on and with it's rider (or pusher) travelling against everyone else adds a real tension to the image. I wish I'd taken this shot!   :yes

Thanks Paul. I usually walk around with the camera in my hand ready for the chance that something may come my way.

A rule I would advise everyone to abide by........Go out.....Take Camera.......otherwise, you will miss shots, and not learn to develop......The Eye!

A camera is almost welded to my chest nowadays.....in fact.....all over town, I am known as .....The Man with the Camera.

Usually (now) my beautiful Panasonic GX7 with the 14-45 kit lens fitted.......I do put a pancake, wide angle on instead, every so often.

My large Sony A55 DSLR gets an outing occassionaly, but is mainly used around the house for Macro and indoor shoots.

My backup camera, if I really need to travel light is ( like for a hospital appointment) is my pocketable, Panasonic LX5, an ideal little ...Street Photography .....tool.

In the back of a drawer is the camera that persuaded my to go down the GX7 route.......my second hand (150 quid) Panasonic GX1 ......this is used with most of my vintage and quirky lenses, it is always kept charged and ready for action.

Why, so many cameras?

I purchased each one, as my photographic skills ( and pocket money savings) grew.......The GX7 became essential, after temporarily losing most of the sight from my left eye......it has an integral tilting viewfinder......essential if you can't really see whats on an LCD Screen.

Back to your shot above........I love Street Photography.....and yours is up there with the Tops.

FUJI

• 2 weeks later...

Kev! This is an awesome! capture of that scene.

You have such a talent and I like the processing a lot. Very well done!

Many many thanks for the kind words. I don't know about talent, but I love to be doing something with a camera. It is such an addictive past time for me. :)

i really love this one, all the details and the colours make for a great image.    have to say, and i mean this as a compliment, i would love to get this done as a jigsaw !

And a big thank you for the compliment.

I'd be very interested to know the PP process used, whatever it is works fantastically well in this shot :yes

Thanks Phil.

I think I will struggle to say exactly what I did by way of pp. The image started out as a RAW file. I used NIK Viveza a lot on this one to emphasise the different light sources and shadows and colours. I also emphasised the detail in some parts of the image selectively by using Topaz Remask / Detail.

I don't have a a set work flow. I often just play until I get what looks right to me? I do need to start to pay more attention.

Archived