Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME

This is posted by way of my learning the ropes of my new iPad-pro photo-editing software, with files from one of my external 3 terabyte hard drives, that is usually attached to my main pc,I store all my pics on it to save space. It works seamlessly with Windows 10, CS6 and Nik-Efex....but all of these are getting old now.

After some research I have discovered that a brand new PIXELMATOR PRO, app is on pre-order for my iPad Pro ....this will handle any RAW files, and photo editing just like CS6 ...but, until now it hasn’t been easy for iPads to exchange/store large photo files, plus no way of connecting external storage.

Yesterday I took delivery of a RAVPOWER ALL-IN-1 FILEHUB...model RP-WD03...which connects to the iPad wirelessly to any storage device, from SD card, Memory Stick or external drive...this, together with PIXELMAKER... enables full photo editing on the iPad.

For this example, of editing, I transferred the JPEG from the external drive to my iPad ....then, using my current...LITE...version of PIXELMATOR, I did the editing, adding adjustments and then creating the darker background.... When PIXELMAKER-PRO arrives on the 19th of April, I will be all set to process RAW files...the app is very reasonable, on pre-order offer currently....it’s well worth looking up if you are an iPad user....

But check first to see if you particular iPad will work with both app and hardware.

FUJI

0263D3E2-11E5-4370-AB7E-6E965A77465B.jpeg

Looks good - the water droplets on the rose make the image.

Not sure I could get used to iPad editing after spending almost nine years using my trusty MacBook Pro and Wacom graphics tablet.

The iPad setup seems to work well for you, though.

Korky

I wish I could embrace the tech like yourself and teach myself new techniques I'm just way too lazy. 

Can I suggest a small edit, crop to the stem and maybe clone out the green to the left of the flower which is beautiful by the way.

12 minutes ago, Korky said:

Simon's edit suggestions make sense - though I think the green bits would be easier to burn in to black rather than clone.

Korky

That just shows my total lack of knowledge I have  just been off to consult the all knowing googlegod to see what burning was and how stooopid do I feel that's a great tool Cheers Korky ?

4 hours ago, sjr said:

That just shows my total lack of knowledge I have  just been off to consult the all knowing googlegod to see what burning was and how stooopid do I feel that's a great tool Cheers Korky

You think that's stoopid? How's this for stoopid?

Mrs K popped into town this afternoon, leaving me to chop veggies for a casserole. I discover we don't have a tin of chopped tomatoes, so I phone Mrs K.

Me: We don't have a tin of chopped tomatoes.

Mrs K: There's two large tomatoes in the fridge, use those.

Me: What do I do with 'em?

Mrs K: Chop 'em.

Me: will they be the same as chopped tomatoes?

Mrs K: I'm not sure I should leave you alone with sharp objects.

53 minutes ago, Korky said:

You think that's stoopid? How's this for stoopid?

Mrs K popped into town this afternoon, leaving me to chop veggies for a casserole. I discover we don't have a tin of chopped tomatoes, so I phone Mrs K.

Me: We don't have a tin of chopped tomatoes.

Mrs K: There's two large tomatoes in the fridge, use those.

Me: What do I do with 'em?

Mrs K: Chop 'em.

Me: will they be the same as chopped tomatoes?

Mrs K: I'm not sure I should leave you alone with sharp objects.

Mmmmm I too am band from using sharp objects.

Funny story (It was not funny at the time) so the story involves me, a huge box (I mean huge) a swiss army knife, my lower leg (calf to be precise) an ambulance and 9 hours in A&E. You can work the story out from that yourself I still can't talk about it or watch Casualty.

28 minutes ago, Clicker said:

Love that Fooj ... fabulous colour.. but  I hate all flat black backgrounds  for flowers   So. ....I like the hint of other stuff in the darkness / background . 

Thank you Polly.....that is how I saw it too.....kept the bloom in context, whilst making the whole...POP!

FUJI

Archived