johntwo

76079 - The pocket Rocket

The engine No. 76079 is the BR Standard Class 4MT that is a regular on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.  Caught it just leaving Whitby for one of it's regular runs.

35103768_76079A-EditHDR.jpg.9ba540ef8b8613f332c24d39b7edfe8f.jpg

Nicely captured, not seen this steam train, slight pity about the Stop Sign ....

That’s a really steamy pic John ... 😉 I actually rather like the stop sign ... yeah I think it actually adds to the pic ... and I suspect you like it too as it is removable  if you wanted to eliminate it .. 

Thanks Rye, thanks Clicks, thanks Paul.   I thought that the stop sign was part of the furniture so to speak and didn't really consider removing it.  Clicks, I was lucky with the steam.   I had positioned myself just inside a crossing gate where technically I shouldn't have been but there were three tracks between me and the one shown so I risked it.  The train was stopped waiting for a signal and when the driver looked straight at me I thought I was in trouble so I waved in acknowledgement.  He took it as a signal and gave me a nice burst of steam.  I always wanted to be a train driver.  They are such nice people.

1 hour ago, johntwo said:

the driver looked straight at me I thought I was in trouble so I waved in acknowledgement

There's oft times on the ELR at various footpath crossings that I've been a lot closer, I always wave to let them know I've seen them.

Well it was worth the risk John ..it 's a really atmospheric portrait of the age of steam ... very nicely processed too I might add ....