Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Rough & Smooth

Black Pearl

I would never have believed a phone could master effects as in the second image BP, I would have trouble achieving this on my camera :)I envy you living on the coast, its like a forever changing view depending on the weather.

41 minutes ago, Denis said:

I would never have believed a phone could master effects as in the second image BP, I would have trouble achieving this on my camera :)I envy you living on the coast, its like a forever changing view depending on the weather.

I agree.  How do you achieve long exposures with it?

You're going to be horrified - when you take a photo with an iPhone it records a short video sequence at the same time. One of its tricks is to blend the few seconds of video into a single image meaning moving objects blur (water) and fixed points stay sharp.

It is both amazing and desperately annoying that I can do this with a phone and not a fully fledged interchangeable lens system.

Great stuff.  For me the last one is the pick of the bunch.  I don't know if Fuji cameras can do this but I seem to remember my Nikons had a multi exposure option that did something similar.  i.e. from memory, they took three images in sequence at an adjusted exposure such that when they were combined (in camera) they produced a properly exposed blurring of motion.

Just now, johntwo said:

Great stuff.  For me the last one is the pick of the bunch.  I don't know if Fuji cameras can do this but I seem to remember my Nikons had a multi exposure option that did something similar.  i.e. from memory, they took three images in sequence at an adjusted exposure such that when they were combined (in camera) they produced a properly exposed blurring of motion.

My D300s would do that with up to ten shots - but - the camera needed to be on a tripod.

The phone does it hand held 

7 hours ago, Black Pearl said:

You're going to be horrified - when you take a photo with an iPhone it records a short video sequence at the same time. One of its tricks is to blend the few seconds of video into a single image meaning moving objects blur (water) and fixed points stay sharp.

It is both amazing and desperately annoying that I can do this with a phone and not a fully fledged interchangeable lens system.

Only when you take a "Live Photo" or always? in the latter case how do you access the video?

23 minutes ago, Bill said:

Only when you take a "Live Photo" or always? in the latter case how do you access the video?

It needs to be a Live Photo. 

In your Photos app tap a picture then swipe up and you should get four options: Live - Loop - Bounce - Long. When you select Long the phone will try and blur anything moving, stabilise any shake then crop out the raggedy edges. It’s not always perfect and you do lose overall sharpness but it’s darn clever when it nails it. 

Just now, Black Pearl said:

It needs to be a Live Photo. 

In your Photos app tap a picture then swipe up and you should get four options: Live - Loop - Bounce - Long. When you select Long the phone will try and blur anything moving, stabilise any shake then crop out the raggedy edges. It’s not always perfect and you do lose overall sharpness but it’s darn clever when it nails it. 

Thanks BP. I never knew this option existed but when you posted this I started looking round and playing and thought it had to be live. Definitely something I have learnt so thank you very much for your help with this, I have had my iPhone for about 3 yers and never taken in too seriously but my daughters convinced me what possibilities it opened up and so I started using it more on holiday last week. I have to say i love it and will be making much more use of it in future.

Archived