Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

My YouTube Channel

Phil

Having bought the drone a few months ago I began to run out of ideas  of what to film, it was suggested to me that I start a YouTube channel to give me incentive, so I did.
Now, being on the front of the camera is absolutely terrifying to me, my mind goes totally blank, even with a storyboard I  struggle to get the words out. Hopefully, I've finally come up with something that I can say I produced and is a personal record for me.

Watch it, don't watch it, like it, don't like it, I'm not in it for the view numbers, but if you have the time I really would appreciate any feedback you have.

[I realise Episode 3 is a little long but I had a stack of footage that I really wanted to include]

A Man In A Hat

Just watched ep 3 and overall, yeah, I like it.

The opening clip of the car pulling up and then you reaching into the car for your hat is brilliant. It leads in nicely to the intro. The 'ow do' works really well.

The individual clips are just about the right length and the shot of the dandelion clock and the spider are superbly done. The fade transitions are nice too - nowt so off-putting as a fancy dancy transition sliding in from the right then the left then a swirl then a picture in picture etc etc.

I love the 'tour' around the reserve, but all the while I was wishing you'd stop and give us a bit of info about what we were looking at. It looks a very interesting place and some information would have made it so much better.

For me the video was just too long - I reckon 5 minutes tops would've been about right.

A big thumbs-up from me, though - things can only get better as you do more vids.

Korky

Thank you both.

Korky - Oakhill is a fantastic place for a wander, especially on a weekday morning when you will likely have the place to yourself. I take on board your suggestion re an occasional narrative and completely agree, my confidence is growing slowly so ya never know. I knew it was too long but there was so much I wanted to include, and without the narrative it's meaningless.

Leon - Ya know, I was only thinking this afternoon about including a time-lapse or 2, watch this space  I am familiar with Peter although I find him a little hard going at times, but he does have a lot of very useful content. And I've reciprocated your sub  

What I have learnt pretty quickly is that I can't just turn up somewhere and expect to produce a masterpiece, a storyboard is essential so I don't arrive home wishing I'd done this and that (as with the Clay Pits video). The Constitutional video was shot over 2 days and 3 visits to the riverbank, thankfully it's just 300 yards from my house but ti did mean removing my shirt from the wash basket  

1 hour ago, Korky said:

then you reaching into the car for your hat

I also liked this a lot as well, it should be like a signature move and it worked really well. I like the Man in a Hat idea - almost reminded me of Breaking Bad. I've never tried making any video's myself, a friend who does of his off road bike rides quite often uses text overlays as part of the narrative. (Mind you his are all shot using helmet cams, as it's not usually possible to film several people over more than one day.)

Almost all film makers use some sort of storyboard....

Looks like an interesting project for you and look forward to seeing more in the future...

Ep1 took me right down memory lane 
As kids we would seek out freedom (only a mile from home but out of sight) and play on the wesacks 
The island on the crook of the river, in those days (1950's ), had a ditch between the bank and the island of about 3 feet, easily jumped at low tide with a few mishaps,
Over stay your visit and that 3 feet grew to 10 feet at high tide.This meant a row at home for either being out late (waiting for low tide to get off the island) or a row at home for the state you arrived back in after swimming for it 

I see from your overhead shots that the river has eaten the ditch away and even at high tide it was never that big  

Have looked and subscribed Phil. The dog barking at the drone made me smile, and I couldn't have kept K&B out of that water! Nice close ups in the Oakhill Reserve one.  Would suggest that, as Korky mentioned, you keep the video lengths to 4 - 5 minutes, can get a tad longover that - not just yours, any video. Look forward to seeing more.

8 hours ago, fuzzyedges said:

As kids we would seek out freedom (only a mile from home but out of sight) and play on the wesacks 

We did the same, late 60s early 70s, I also remember the foreshore being probably 10 times the size it is now, although we couldn't have jumped to the island, even now I've never set foot on it.

8 hours ago, Kobione said:

Would suggest that, as Korky mentioned, you keep the video lengths to 4 - 5 minutes

Appreciate your comments and all taken on board, thanks Dee. 

On 18/06/2018 at 07:38, Phil said:

We did the same, late 60s early 70s, I also remember the foreshore being probably 10 times the size it is now, although we couldn't have jumped to the island, even now I've never set foot on it

Arr now Ive been talking to another reprobate on this subject and (remember I was 11 or 12 at the time ) there was  two islands one out in the middle'ish of the river and the other was attached to the bank by a ditch where the river sweeps round 

This has obviously washed away with time but it was big too little me 

Impressive, both the filming and the production.   Love your choice of music, it really fits the character of what you are showing.  Length isn't a problem for me which is as good a test as any.  Out of interest, what are you using the video the ground shots?

1 hour ago, fuzzyedges said:

there was  two islands one out in the middle'ish of the river

Yep, that would explain it.

1 hour ago, John2 said:

Out of interest, what are you using the video the ground shots?

Thank you, John, your comments really are much appreciated.
The camera is a Panasonic TZ90, we got it for the youngest daughter as a Xmas pressie so she could try to grow her own YouTube channel, has she touched it? Has she flip!

19 hours ago, John2 said:

The Panasonic certainly does the business

It does but...

I'd like to think I know my way around a camera but the menu system on the Panasonic is a nightmare, or it could just be that I've been spoilt by the ease of the Fuji  

18 hours ago, Phil said:

……………………………………………………..   or it could just be that I've been spoilt by the ease of the Fuji 

sshh, they'll all want one.

Archived