Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Richmond

Black Pearl

42 minutes ago, THELONGMAN said:

Lovely shot, just enough slowmo -- and from a phone?

Geoff

Yep :1310_thumbsup_tone1:

Shot with my iPhone 7 Plus using an app called SlowShutterCam. I had the phone on a Gorilla Pod and triggered it with my Watch to minimise shake.

2 hours ago, Black Pearl said:

Shot with my iPhone 7 Plus using an app called SlowShutterCam. I had the phone on a Gorilla Pod and triggered it with my Watch to minimise shake.

And this is when I realise for certain that I am just an analogue man trying to exist in a digital world! :dizzy:

I know that place so well . met hubby on a school bus in Richmond .53 years ago .

Brings back a lot of memories Beepy ...  and a super image to boot ... Is your version of the iPhone waterproof ? 

I downloaded the app last time you mentioned it ... it is very useful .

7 hours ago, Clicker said:

I know that place so well . met hubby on a school bus in Richmond .53 years ago .

Brings back a lot of memories Beepy ...  and a super image to boot ... Is your version of the iPhone waterproof ? 

I downloaded the app last time you mentioned it ... it is very useful .

It is though to be honest I got the last couple of iPhones wet doing this sort of thing and they're all still working.

14 minutes ago, colinb said:

Gawd that is so annoying makes you wonder why you carry a bag of kit around. Can't fault the shot BP but what sort of file size does the camera give you and how good a print on say A2 would it give?

I have the app set to record TIFF files and in this case a 16:9 ratio meaning it outputs a 27MB file containing 9 million pixel. I could set the ratio to the iPhones native 4:3 ration and get the full 12MP but I rather like 16:9 so leave it cropped when I shoot. The quality is remarkably good overall and fairly sharp - baring in mind it is shooting video to create the long exposure blur and the phone was balanced on a Gorilla Pod on a slightly windy day.  Whist I haven't printed anything as large as A2 I have had 15" prints from it and they stand up very well.

Here is the original TIFF straight from the app: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0169s9obarbj2j/IMG_2836.TIF?dl=0

2 minutes ago, CanonChrissy said:

Had another peep......Is that a road sign to the top right at the end of bridge in trees? Maybe a cloning to get rid? Every time I look at it now it catches my eye and distracts me.

A building (shed?) I think. I did notice it but as its part of the scene I tend to leave things as they are and only resort to artificially cloning something out if it really, really annoys me.

5 hours ago, Black Pearl said:

Here is the original TIFF straight from the app..

Quite remarkable, makes me wonder where we will be in another 5 / 10 years and if 'cameras' will all but disappear, I certainly can't see why anyone would buy a small compact these days.

21 minutes ago, colinb said:

Quite remarkable, makes me wonder where we will be in another 5 / 10 years and if 'cameras' will all but disappear, I certainly can't see why anyone would buy a small compact these days.

Completely agree with you. Both the boys have small compact and while they do have zoom lenses my iPhone is much faster, has more shooting controls, the IQ is higher and thats before we come to the massive screen, all its tricks and the simple fact I always have it with me....oh....and it can shoot DNG files which is rare in a compact.

If I go out to use the iPhone as a camera, as say I would the Fuji, then I can put a dent in its battery but typically I will give it some serious stick by doing so taking dozens of images and have it running constantly. That said I've never managed to run it anywhere near flat by doing so and on a more typical day where I have it in my pocket using it from time to time as a camera along side al its other functions I don't see any major drops in battery performance. 

Archived