Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

Phil why not eliminate all the contenders except the tie entries and stage another poll, then we can all re vote for the winner 

Fuzz, I think that's the answer!
Voting will close at midnight Friday as normal, in the event of a tie I'll remove all other contenders and open the vote for a further 24 hours to determine the outright winner. If they still can't be separated then a tie will be the only option as we need to get the new competition started as soon as possible.

• Like 1

The Monthly Theme Discussion Thread is locked for some reason. So apologies for posting here...

Now that we have a Weekly competition where all entries must be current, can we remove that criterion from the Monthly when it returns? In other words always allow entries whenever they were taken? That would also help to differentiate the two competitions as well, which otherwise might look identical apart from the frequency. 

I've enjoyed these weekly challenges so far, and it's been good to have a particular focus and then trying to do it in a creative/innovative way, so I for one will look forward to a monthly challenge.

Yeah, but the great thing about allowing old and new images alike as Phil has promised, is it allows those of us who can't get out and about so much, to still have a go :)

the great thing about allowing old and new images alike as Phil has promised, is it allows those of us who can't get out and about so much, to still have a go :)

Indeed. But please don't forget that you don't need to get out and about to be creative. The Weekly's just need a little thought and anything can be achieved, their ultimate aim is to get us motivated :yes

• Like 2

Yeah, but the great thing about allowing old and new images alike as Phil has promised, is it allows those of us who can't get out and about so much, to still have a go :)

You don't need to go far and about, 3 of the 5 challenges I've done have been taken in or around my house or at the most 400 yards. The one I have for the Through the Glass was taken in my kitchen, so that makes 4 of 6 . I work full time, abliet self-employed so I can pick and choose... but I like to get things that are close to hand so if it doesn't work the first time I can always do it again

• Like 1

Apologies for posting the wrong picture in the weekly challenge pattern thread. I did it in haste and didn't spot the date was wrong until I had done it, and then didn't have time to rectify yesterday, so I popped the 'disregard' message on. Sorry!!! I've left it as is for now, but I do hope to be able to be a bit more active in this - and get it right!!!

As voting hasn't statred yet, I can't see a problem in changing it for the one you meant to post, if it was done by accident.... of course it's upto the forum admins to decide whether it's allowed to change the image once posted I guess...

Edited by Ryewolf
  • 3 weeks later...

This weeks challenge is 'Look Down' - I like this idea and have some things I would like to try. I have noticed we 'chat' in the entry thread and really should keep that just for entries so how about we discuss the weekly challenges here instead? Makes it easier to see the entries in the entries thread.

This weeks challenge is 'Look Down' - I like this idea and have some things I would like to try. I have noticed we 'chat' in the entry thread and really should keep that just for entries so how about we discuss the weekly challenges here instead? Makes it easier to see the entries in the entries thread.

Hmmm. Difficult one. I've always thought of these topics as places where you ask questions about the rules (or change of rules), not chat about the individual challenges. Won't they become unwieldy if full of 'chat' and thus hide the answers to questions that people have?

The rule about 'not chatting' in challenge threads was when Phil introduced an automatic system that closed off the topic and started a poll after X number of posts - so that meant "no chat please". Those haven't been reintroduced so current Challenges are time limited not entry limited. I personally don't have a problem with chat in challenges as images are easy enough to spot.

I've no objection to the odd bit of banter within the thread providing they are relevant to that particular challenge, although this thread was set up specifically to try and keep the challenges clear of clutter until after voting has finished.

• 1 month later...

Just a thought, is there a way of pinning the weekly challenge threads, the one that's being voted on and the one when it's the to be taken and uploaded, so that they are always at the top of the New Content Page? Sometimes on particularly busy weeks, like this week for instance, the challange can slip down as far as page 3 on the New Content page.