Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Phil

I wasn't sure whether to stick these here or in the Where We Live thread, but as they're of Goole and not Hook I settled on here.

This is a disused crane stood on a long since decommissioned jetty beside the Dutch River. The river was used in the film The Dambusters and passed off as The Rhine, flown over by the Lancasters en-route to carry out their mission.

That aside, I can't think of anything else this area would be famous for :no

Number 2 works best for me - the compo is the best of the three, I like the way the old crane forms a 'frame'. Top processing too.

I always enjoy industrial stuff, but I've no idea why as I've always been a right lazy bugger.

Korky

I like number 2 the best for the same reason as Korky. The coaster adds some additional interest for me having spent 10 years in the Merchant Navy when I left school. I do find the blue in the sky to be a little strong, but that is just my opinion. :) There is a halo around the mid / lower section of the crane in number 3 but that maybe just my IPad? An enjoyable set. :)

There is a halo around the mid / lower section of the crane in number 3

Oh yeah!

When you mentioned it I was looking for a typical HDR halo (these are single images tone mapped btw) and couldn't see one. I was ready to jump down your throat ( :innocent:) when I saw what seems to be a shadow of the jib down either side.

Well done you for spotting it and pointing it out :yes

Oh yeah!

When you mentioned it I was looking for a typical HDR halo (these are single images tone mapped btw) and couldn't see one. I was ready to jump down your throat ( :innocent:) when I saw what seems to be a shadow of the jib down either side.

Well done you for spotting it and pointing it out :yes

I will guarantee there is never malice when I give feedback. It is meant with the best of intention. :) I am not a "pixel peeper" either. ;)

I will guarantee there is never malice when I give feedback. It is meant with the best of intention. :) I am not a "pixel peeper" either. ;)

Me too. I would never actually jump on anyone for giving honest feedback, a second pair of eyes is always appreciated, and the main reason for posting :yes

Dont recognise that part of Goole docks is it near the imfamous mariners arms (middle house)

Not that far away.

Over the Dutch River bridge, right onto Cottingham Street, then immediately right onto a farm track towards the scrap yards.

Right up my street too image wise, there is something about dereliction and abandoned machinery that grabs me.

#2 is a really good image with the newer crane framed by one that has seen its working days long gone.

I love these pictures Annie, they are beautiful , plus I feel we should all seek out these places and photograph them as record of social history, which will one day be removed and gone for ever. As for the fame thing, what about you? :yes

Geoff

Archived