Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

GUESS WHO

FUJI

Mine is a GARRARD ...auto winder, with a date panel that needs adjusting if there are 28, 30 or 31 days in the month.....

It was a 25 Years Service presentation watch .......an old friend left it to me.

FUJI

Mine is a GARRARD ...auto winder, with a date panel that needs adjusting if there are 28, 30 or 31 days in the month.....

It was a 25 Years Service presentation watch .......an old friend left it to me.

FUJI

I have a Tissot Automatic Day/Date watch which sounds very similar. Its a lovely plain dress watch that I hope will give me a lifetime of service - it cost more than the Apple Watch will set me back so I don't class the Apple as being expensive. I also have a manual wind Rotary watch that I use on occasions though its a little small (probably 32-35mm) for my liking but still a nice thing to wear. I have a Breil Chronograph quartz movement watch that is quite large and chunky, its great with more casual clothes and being electronic it keeps good time and is always right - not needing to be wound and set. 

Day to day I do tend to favour the Pebble smart watch as I have found it is very convenient and a great aid to my busy day. I can't have my phone on me at work but I still get notifications and can see who is calling from the watch. It is also superb while driving. I have to say I'm a watch fan and if I had the money I'd have thousands of pounds worth of them so another one in the offing is for me an exciting purchase.

Bugger - its a bit more expensive than I though so I won't be getting the stainless steel one with the Milanese strap.

I can afford the Alloy version though and could add the fancy strap later as they're all interchangeable. 

Won't be splashing out on the solid gold one - not at £8000-12000 

I'll just stick with my trusty old Seiko Kinetic watch I purchased in Tenerife in 1996, it's been back to Seiko just the once for a new capicitor, that was about 5 years ago. It cost me about £175.00 in Tenerife, the cost in H Samual at the time was £350.00. It could easily out last me.

144732565.jpg

Bugger - its a bit more expensive than I though so I won't be getting the stainless steel one with the mildness strap.

I can afford the Alloy version though and could add the fancy strap later as they're all interchangeable. 

Won't be splashing out on the solid gold one - not at £8000-12000 

I actually sat through a live Apple keynote stream for the first time. Those watches could be all right if they do all the remote control and payment whizzery stuff that's touted.

What really grabbed my attention though was those new MacBooks. Gorgeous or what? Though with only one (universal) connector, you'd better not want to recharge the battery while doing a Time Machine backup! I have to say though, they seem to make the MacBook Air redundant overnight. 

Those MBP's look stunning and would be the sort of laptop I'd be interested in - won't buy as I don't need one - as they are just about as portable as an iPad. 

As to TM backup you can do that wirelessly with the right NAS drive (I do) and with AirDrop connecting all my other devices I wouldn't even need to plug a USB stick in to move files. 

Properly nice bit of kit.

Those MBP's look stunning and would be the sort of laptop I'd be interested in - won't buy as I don't need one - as they are just about as portable as an iPad. 

As to TM backup you can do that wirelessly with the right NAS drive (I do) and with AirDrop connecting all my other devices I wouldn't even need to plug a USB stick in to move files. 

Properly nice bit of kit.

So much for my being taken in by Timmy and Jonny ... I've now discovered that the Great New processor Intel M in the new MB is actually quite a bit less of a cruncher than what's in the MB Airs currently. However, in a couple of years...  :yes