Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

CAP & MUFFLER choices

FUJI

Colour for me FUJI, I think that the mono treatment is just too much well in this case at least

Ron

Cheers Ron,

As you know, I am currently experimenting with Edgy, Gritty Processing..................further thoughts from anyone very welcome:

Looking at the colour version online, it looks to be a tad over saturated................someone recently told me that a touch of yellow can make a more natural looking portrait?....thoughts on that welcome too:

Cheers!

FUJI

Well, it's a bit like this.... Brace yourself for the mono verdict of the North West jury. That's er... me!

He's looks a very kindly gentleman. He's probably loved by his family and friends, enjoys a pint of real ale in the Rose and Crown, reads a popular daily newspaper (I forget its name, but you'll know the one I mean) and enjoys his fish 'n' chips on a Friday night. But you've processed the image as if he's the kind of mad mongrel who's just scorched into town with the Downright Nasty Chapter of the Hell's Angels.

I think the processing has to suit the subject and in this case, it just doesn't.

Whatever happened to that superb 'contrast grading' technique you were so evangelistic about? You were producing some excellent results with it and were well along the road of developing a real 'Fuji style'.

Your (possibly ex) friend Lord Korkington

Well, it's a bit like this.... Brace yourself for the mono verdict of the North West jury. Me!

He's looks a very kindly gentleman. He's probably loved by his family and friends, enjoys a pint of real ale in the Rose and Crown, reads a popular daily newspaper (I forget its name, but you'll know the one I mean) and enjoys his fish 'n' chips on a Friday night. But you've processed the image as if he's the kind of mad mongrel who's just scorched into town with the Downright Nasty Chapter of the Hell's Angels.

I think the processing has to suit the subject and in this case, it just doesn't.

Whatever happened to that superb 'contrast grading' technique you were so evangelistic about? You were producing some excellent results with it and were well along the road of developing a real 'Fuji style'.

Your (possibly ex) friend Lord Korkington

Hi, M' Lud

Should you care to watch the video I posted earlier today, you will see that I have also been studying the art of honest comments and crits, so whatever you say will be taken on board then mulled over.

Very much like yourself sir, I have a strong creative streak, that can steer me onto new waters, to explore to sink or to swim......it appears that this time I am sinking, so will clamber out of the muddy waters to return to more familiar dabblings.

I enjoy my ventures into the unknown, they can be a bit like my old hobby of metal detecting........something good surfaces occassionaly.

Thank you too to other responders..........I will remove my foot from the grit and grot pedal, unless I find a gritty, grotty character.

Cheers!

FUJI

The colour version works well, a touch to yellow in the highlights and possibly over saturated but a decent image none the less.

The mono one is not to my taste. 

If what you were going for is black & white 'only' with no middle tones then cool, you go with your gut feeling and stick to your intentions. If however you wanted to simply add some drama then in my opinion you need to reprocess the shot from the very start and make sure you retain considerably more of the middle ground tones while attacking at the structure/clarity slider with a little more finesse. 

It's OK folks....calm down, calm down....old FUJI is over his fad....(I think;-)

If I hadnt watched that Music/Gritty Mono YouTube vid, then none of this would have happened.....no apologies, I can flit from idea to idea very quickly, then return to it to achiev more refined results once things have sunk in.

I am currently working on the versions Korky requested.

All your feedback was very useful....Thanks!

FUJI

Creative people have ideas all the time - there's never a guarantee that they'll be good ideas, though.

I once started work on a radio script that I thought was brilliant - I showed it to a friend (a writer whose work I respect) and when he'd read it through, his comment was "why not just stick to what you're good at?" I was devastated at first, but slowly it dawned on me that his honesty was just what I needed and I went back to the funny monologues.

Keep being creative, Fooj - we like you just as you are!

Korky

OK folks...................

What Korky asks for Korky gets......................

One Contrast Graded colour version.

and

One Contrast Graded Mono version.

I think they have worked?

Best viewed LARGE.....click on Pic:

FUJI

P.S. looking at the colour version, after compressing for uploading I notice that it too looks a bit over saturated...but it Doesnt on my newly calibrated monitor in the saved full size one....does compression for posting mess with colour profiles?

post-4-0-54118900-1424253982.jpg

post-4-0-08810300-1424253997.jpg

If your colour space on your system is sRBG and you save the same as a JPEG then they will be very close. If you're running AdobeRGB it may change but it shouldn't be dramatic.

Thanks Robin.....As far as I know, I use the Default Adobe profile.

But what do you think of the portraits now?

Cheers!

FUJI

The mono processing now suits the subject perfectly - very nice indeed.

The colour version does look a bit over-saturated. I too have experienced uploads being quite a bit different from the finished image - no idea why. In my case they are usually darker.

I'd be interested to hear how you view the new mono edit compared to your first one.

Korky

I was pretty happy with the guest colour one Korky..........

But the mono was definitely overcooked.......blame it on that music/mono processing video I posted......

I might return to the gritty grotty world one day......it has a certain appeal given the right subject?

FUJI

The mono one is fine but the colour one still looks like it has to much vibrant red in the skin tones for me Fuji.

Had a play with it using a little hdr on it, see what you think.

Best Viewed Large

original.jpg

Archived