Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Winter Tree

AAAAAAAGH!

It's that bloomin' tree ont' Moors..................ah well! at least there is snow ;-)

Nothing personal Paul................you have been so kind about my recent shots too....its just that I have a thing about Photographs of ...Lone Trees on Moors and Milky Water:

You have handled the snow very well here:

FUJI

Great scene.... like FUJI I think you have handled the snow well.

My first DSLR was a Canon 300D, not my first digital camera though... that was an HP850. The Canon was an North American version named Digital Rebel, I have fond memories of it.

AAAAAAAGH!

It's that bloomin' tree ont' Moors..................ah well! at least there is snow ;-)

Nothing personal Paul................you have been so kind about my recent shots too....its just that I have a thing about Photographs of ...Lone Trees on Moors and Milky Water:

You have handled the snow very well here:

FUJI

Fuji it's a small mountain in Wales not moors, I used to deliver to a isolated farm at the top of it every week and I took this same photo at different seasons as a project. So now it's robins,butterflies, milky water and now lone trees on moors, the dislike list just keep getting longer doesn't it Fuji. ;)

Lovely colour in the sky. A composition that is very nice. Lovely tones and contrast. Like it! :)

Thank you Kev.

Great scene.... like FUJI I think you have handled the snow well.

My first DSLR was a Canon 300D, not my first digital camera though... that was an HP850. The Canon was an North American version named Digital Rebel, I have fond memories of it.

Thank you John after the 300D I moved over to the Olympus E-1 and apart from a short daliance with Pentax it's been Olympus ever since.

I've owned a good many Panasonic compact and bridge cameras (still have one of each), I've only ever owned Canon DSLR's (300D, 350D, two 400D's (still have one) & my present 60D), I've too many Canon lens to change and I'm happy with Canon anyway.

I like lone trees, me. They're sort of like er....... alone. Innit.

The shot is very nice indeed - the composition is just about spot-on, but, had it been mine, I'd have given those two sheep a dob with the clone tool and taken 'em out. To my eye, they're just not very well placed in the frame.

Korky

Fuji it's a small mountain in Wales not moors, I used to deliver to a isolated farm at the top of it every week and I took this same photo at different seasons as a project. So now it's robins,butterflies, milky water and now lone trees on moors, the dislike list just keep getting longer doesn't it Fuji.

No not dislikes of the subjects in general....but almost everyone knows that my particular subjects are Cliches photographically.......

I have no problem with  insects, spiders and bugs ....as long as the photographer records them ...Doing Something.

Now!....I do know that you can't get a tree to do anything........................but (like you) a good photographer will record that cliche'd tree in unusual weather conditions (preferably being struck by lightning  :devil: )...but.....

There is NO excuse whatever for Milky Water:

Seriously, I think that all developing photographer's go through the...Cliche Stage.....our first Robin, Butterfly, Rose, etc.....all extremely significant for that photographer yes...but totally boring to those who have come through on to the other side.

I am only trying to get newer or less experienced members to think about exactly what they are recording and why.....................My toes curl when I think about some of my early posts, when all I had was a very cheap, nameless Chinese Bridge Camera that took a noisy age to get going never mind focus....I filled TIPF with my Butterflies and Robins....Didnt I Phil?

FUJI

Archived