Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

My Treat to Myself

A couple of weeks ago I did a balance transfer on my credit card as the interests rates were to high on the one that I had.
When my bill came in from my old card, I ended up with nothing to pay and they owed me as I had paid too much, so to use it up, I treated myself to a Jessops TTl flashgun which was only £44.99.
To get the free next day postage and to use the rest of my credit up I also bought this selection of flash accessories.
I saved £6 on buying the accessories with the flash gun and got my free delivery into the bargain ( had to spend %50 or over for free delivery..
I particularly wanted a softbox for the flash with the new baby being due in April.

I had a Jessops flashgun for my film SLR many years ago and although I can only use it with a slave,  it still works perfectly, so all being well, if this flashgun works as well as my  old one, I will have chosen well.

By the way, Jessops online are still doing the price match,  if any tine is interested in using the Jessops website, it may be worth knowing.

Anyway, here is my little box of tricks. All I need now is to get motivated. I've opened the box of tricks and it all looks very sturdy and well made.

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/categories/products/hahnel/universal-flash-accessory-kit-for-speedlites-94939/show.html

• Like 3

Nice one Tina. I am sure you will easily find the motivation. :)

I hope so, Kev.

I am going to transfer some of my bits and pieces into a container of their own, so it's easier to put my hands on what I want, instead of having to go through a whole cabinet of camera stuff to find the things that I am likely to use the most.

That Flash accessory kit looks like a bargain.  I was with a friend in Jessops recently and he bought a Lastolite softbox only for his flash gun and it cost him £50.  Your kit has all the extras in - might look at treating myself too, come pay day.

That Flash accessory kit looks like a bargain.  I was with a friend in Jessops recently and he bought a Lastolite softbox only for his flash gun and it cost him £50.  Your kit has all the extras in - might look at treating myself too, come pay day

Yes, I think it was a really good buy.

There are 4 or 5 velcro straps with it to attach the accessories too, and also 2 of each colour flash diffusers too, which you slip into a little soft plastic holder ready to attach to the flash.

I was sad when the two Coventry shops closed as they had always been so  helpful.

I got to know the young manager of one of the shops well, as he had been there almost since he left school/college and worked his way up.

He had time to help even ages after I had bought an item.

Some places just seem intent on selling to the new customers and forget their old faithful customers.

I was glad to be able to buy Jessops brands online as the Jessops brand has always served me well.

I know you can buy cheaper from China, HongKong etc. but when I opened the parcel today, I could see the good quality of the items that I had bought. 

Edited by NannyFerret
  • Like 1