Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Consolation Shots

Jon

Kind of. If I know the area I'll go out with a vision in the back of my mind of the sort of image I'm after.

I'm not sure I'm dedicated or focused enough to know if the shots I bring back are 'the ones' or 'consolation' shots. It's different if shooting for someone else as their will be a tight brief but for me I'm happy to go with the flow and change the vision as I go a along.

Crackin' shot by the way - what/where is it?

i might go out with a rough idea in mind but i try to be flexible enough to go with the flow if for some reason its unachievable.

i have found doing this 366 thing that i will go out with an idea for my "picture of the day" and end up coming back with a much better idea that jumped out at me during my time out.

have to agree with BP about your shot though ... its beautiful !

Thanks, I tend to head to an area, rather than know what shots I want to take if that makes more sense.

Last night I'd gone to an abandoned reservoir to see if anything caught my eye, but when I got there I realised there was a fair chance I'd never get out once I got in, so rather than go home with nothing I went to the Infinity Bridge at Stockton on Tees. I seem to have a lot of shots of it, and of the Tees Barrage near it (its about 15 minutes from me on a pushbike) :-)

Edited by festcu

only one the odd occasion do i go out with specific idea in my head, most of the time it is just a 'i'll see what i end up with' venture.

things like slow water shots / sunrise or night time shots of the bridges over the tyne i have a think about as i have to carry the tripod, but like i say most of the time i just have a look when i'm there.

one of the harder thing to do is when you go to the same place often, i tend to go to st. mary's lighthouse, it is near and free parking before 8am so sunrise shots with the lighthouse is very popular in my back catalogue, but trying to shoot something a bit different is a challenge, a lot depends on where the tide is, how much cloud is above etc.

i have been out and about many times to somewhere new, around 150 mile round trip and come back with 10 photos, other times i pop into a local wood and come back with a full card, thats the life of a photographer i suppose . :phew:

geoff

Whenever I go out I take a camera with me but I don't go out with an idea set in my mind; probably thats why I come home without using the camera!

That is me all over!

I even take mine to work hoping for a good scene or something that takes my eye while out and about. I have taken it in every day this week... and have not taken a single shot. I even go out for long walks every weekend but tend to stay within a certain area but nothing doing the last few weeks. I think its a confidence thing with me, I'm so used to taking rubbish shots that I need more inspiration:)