Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

HISTORY REVEALED

FUJI

Right!

Here we go again with my Kenilworth Castle shoot of yesterday.

Like most life-time locals I take little notice of the local landmark....because.....it's there.........but yesterday it looked special.

As you can see, the light was perfect, striking in a left to right sweep that emphasised the form and texture of my neighbouring Ancient Monument.

Yes, you saw one of the shots, but, this evening I completely recalibrated my monitor, and re-set to SRGB.....Until I see this on TIPF I wont know whether I have improved the look after my dissapointment with yesterday's posts.

I realise that a couple of you OK'd them, but compared to what I saw on my monitor prior to posing they looked dirty and dumbed down......so here goes!

Finger's crossed ;-)

Best viewed LARGE.....click on Pics:

FUJI

P.S.  Sadly, they have gone grungy again after posting....this is SO difficult to explain without you seeing what I see....they have lost saturation and vibrance............Grrrrrrr!

post-4-0-39851800-1418069551.jpg

post-4-0-38438200-1418069565.jpg

Thank you for the feedback...

I must admit to being disappointed and genuinely puzzled by what has happened here.......on my desktop monitor, the one on which I do all my processing the colours are as they should be.

Kenilworth Castle is unique because it was built from rich red sand stone quarried less than half a mile away, the same red as good builder's sand........in certain light ( like Sunday) the sun hit areas literally glow with an amazing golden redness, the castle has been often compared to Ayers Rock in Australia fir this feature.

Looking at the obviously beautifully lit Castle in this post the sand stone is strongly lit, but has a dull yellow ochre hue.

Something is wrong......it isn't my eyes, the problem lies somewhere in my monitor settings.....yesterday, I returned everything to SRGB the Internet standard after trying SRGB Pro...... I use free CALIBREEZE software to calibrate my monitor.....

It begins by requesting a high contrast setting with circles that adjust, then Red-Green-Blue swatches containing circles with black horizontal lines, these can be individually tuned until they almost merge in tone......the chosen settings are then saved.

To demonstrate exactly what I mean. About the obvious lack of colour and natural vibrancy I will post a link to an English Heritage web site with official pics.

Any suggestions, theories or advice very welcome.

Please look at this..

FUJI

I've not had time to watch much more than a couple of minutes of that video. However, I saw enough to see that the colours in it are comparatively flat (compared to yours), and not exactly saturated. I can see from Dan Snow's skin tones that the video is pretty natural in terms of colour. 

Your pictures - ALL of them - show more vibrancy and saturation.

I really don't understand what you're seeing.

Fooj - I'm not very technical, so can't offer any advice except to say that quite often I have similar problems when uploading to the board.

I find that I can get an image looking pretty much as it should be on my monitor or laptop, but when I post the photo to TIPF it can look far darker than it should. These days I tend not to use Photobucket or Flickr as it seemed worse when I used them.

Re the two images you've posted in this thread... Number 1 seems far too contrasty and just wrong - Number 2 is somewhere near, but I've done a 3 minute edit and this looks pretty accurate on my laptop.

Korky

Fooj - I'm not very technical, so can't offer any advice except to say that quite often I have similar problems when uploading to the board.

I find that I can get an image looking pretty much as it should be on my monitor or laptop, but when I post the photo to TIPF it can look far darker than it should. These days I tend not to use Photobucket or Flickr as it seemed worse when I used them.

Re the two images you've posted in this thread... Number 1 seems far too contrasty and just wrong - Number 2 is somewhere near, but I've done a 3 minute edit and this looks pretty accurate on my laptop.

Korky

attachicon.gif

Click image to view large

Click image to view large Fooj.jpg

Thank you for all your comments and to Korky for the edit.

First off, the high contrast..........the sky and clouds were pretty spectacular, almost blowing up a storm, the sunlight was very directional and very bright, the shadows were deep and the sandstone was its usual glowing red, in fact the red of the girl's coat positively glowed ..........thus was what made me process then post both pics.......in the posts and the edit, that coat is dulled right down as are the sandstone walls.

Korky's edit improves things to some extent but I'm still disappointed.......somewhere in my files I have other castle shots. I think you can tell that thus is really bugging me.....

This shot (in theory) should give a better idea of the colour of the sunlit sandstone, almost unique to Kenilworth.....finger's crossed.

FUJI

post-4-0-44923100-1418134139.jpg

Of all the pictures you've posted on this theme Fuji, that last one is my favourite by a long way : you can see all the texture of the brickwork, and the colour - though rich - looks totally natural. :)

EXACTLY Chris....

This is what I am trying to demonstrate.......those are the colours of the original RAW files, the processed PSD and of the JPEGS above, until posted on here...

Still flummoxed :-(

FUJI

Yes!

It's me again....

I have tried an experiment this morning.......I have emailed myself (and three TIPF members) attached JPEGS from my original PS Bridge Folder, exactly the same as posted to this thread.

When the attached files are opened from an email, they are naturally bright with the stones and sky looking as they do when opened directly on my monitor.......something has definitely gone wrong during transfer to TIPF.

Open them side by side on a monitor and the difference is strikingly obvious..........I am hoping that one of my emailed friends will be able to shed light on it.....if anyone else wants to see just PM me your email address.

I have double checke my monitor settings:

Still mystified.

Cheers!

FUJI

Archived