Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

The Queue

Black Pearl

Out tonight to see the illumination along the coast from us at Roker. Took the 'Six Shooter' as there's always a crowd and a DSLR with a tripod ain't ideal.

Got a few shots of the usual lights and attractions but my favourite image of the night was a queue of people waiting for ice creams and hotdogs.

Taken with the iPhone 6 then edited with Instagram:

WOW! That new iPhone certainly produces the goods BP, I don't think that many experts could tell if your atmospheric shot wasnt taken with a regular ( to use an American term) camera.

Question?

Do you get as much of a buzz using a phone instead of a camera?........I use my excellent phone camera only if forced to, by circumstances......I love it, but it just isn't the same.

FUJI

I do enjoy using the iPhone because it forces me to think about the shot and not the lens choice or shutter speed or aperture or ISO - I just take a picture. The flip side is a 'proper' camera gives me creative control over every aspect which I also like to have.

For this picture I tapped on the highlights as the phone was trying to compensate for the dark areas then slid my finger up a fraction - click and done.

If I'd been out with the Nikon I'd have fiddled around wondering where best to meter and probably even fiddled with the metering mode before picking an aperture then making sure the ISO was giving me a reasonable shutter speed. I'd have taken a shot then studied the rear screen, looked to see how many highlights were over exposed (which for this shot doesn't really matter) then zoomed it in to make sure it was sharp and then likely as not taken another two or three images. The resulting image would be technically better but I could well have lost the moment.

have to say i love this shot, great atmosphere to it. especially with the steam coming out of the wagon... i have an iphone 4s but i really struggle to get any kind of decent image with it.. maybe its because its in a case ( i have a habit of dropping them)  or maybe its just me but i wish i could get half as good a picture as you manage with yours :)

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice shot! I guess once the iphones start producing RAW files we'll have wasted our money on cameras... Oh bollocks.

The Instagram processing lacks subtlety though? The person mid-queue looking out might make the image? If she was lightened so you could see her eyes.

Thanks all

I wouldn't be lightning people or doing any more manipulation on this shot as its would be less snap-n-share which is the way I love to shoot with the iPhone.. If I had shot it on a DSLR I may have been tempted to work it a bit finer but even then I feel it would alter the image in a way that wasn't representative to lighten just one person. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Archived