Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

iOS8 update for iPad query

FUJI

Hi, Folks

Did you iPad owners have the same bother as me updating your iPad today!

Before I could start it, I had to delete most of my photographs, all of my music, some of my favourite apps and dozens of emails to free up storage space that the update requires.

All is working again now, I will need to watch storage in the future....

FUJI

Sent from my iPad by Cyril Hobbins

It's a big update that requires stacks of space if you do the update on the i<whatever> itself.

If you use iTunes, by connecting the device to your computer for the update, the storage space is used on the computer, not on the device so saving a lot of messing around.

Backup is, of course, always advisable before any update.

As is not updating until the new software has been out for a few weeks and some of the early bugs have been ironed out.

does make me chuckle though when Apple users gloat over how stable their OS is Compared to Windows but every time they do a iOS update there is even more complaints than when Windows gets an update  :rolleyes:

I am finding it very sluggish changing between web sites too......

If this major update needed all that space to work..........then......when its all done, can I get my old apps back?

FUJI

ALSO, THE RETURN on my keyboard isnt working

FUJI

Edited by FUJI

iOS8 needs room to download then install in the same way as any software for any platform.

If you have a lower capacity iThingy just update via iTunes on your computer where you have plenty of storage. No need to delete anything and even if you do if you back it up to the iCloud first you can pull it all back via a quick sync.

My old iPhone 5 updated over the air as it had plenty of space but my iPad Mini needed iTunes. Both worked seamlessly and I had both done within an hour of iOS8 going live. 

As to having digs at one OS over another then this is not the place - go knock yourself out over at Engadget or similar if you must. 

Thats not the iOS8 upgrade it was a patch - 8.0.1 - which Apple pulled immediately when it was reported there were issues.

Anyone who installed the patch just needs to roll back to iOS8 with iTunes and await the 8.0.2 full fix due out in the next day or two. 

I'll agree there can be problems for early adopters of any software but it is nice to see firms (all the best ones) who are all over problems and sort them quickly.

All four of my iDevices are now running iOS8 and (touch wood) they are all running it smoothly. 

Nope!

I have tried two ways of copying a YouTube link..

Firs from the copy link icon above the vid.....and second.....by emailing myself the link, then copying....

Attempting to paste either, just results in a second of dimmed screen, then nothing

FUJI

There could be wider issues? For a long time now I've used OpenDNS servers (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) in my home network, but today Safari told me Facebook (and other sites too, though not here) were "blocked by your system administrator". I just removed the 2 servers from my Network and everything was fine again. Do you think you might have been caught by the same or similar?

There could be wider issues? For a long time now I've used OpenDNS servers (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220) in my home network, but today Safari told me Facebook (and other sites too, though not here) were "blocked by your system administrator". I just removed the 2 servers from my Network and everything was fine again. Do you think you might have been caught by the same or similar?

Sad to admit Chris.....that is all Double Dutch to me....:-(

FUJI