Hi to all our members ... We  would just like to draw your attention to the latest post on the following link... Thank you for your attention .If you have already responded to my note  on Chatbox  about this please ignore this sticky note ... Thanks  folks ....

http://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/46369-important~-the-forum-its-future-and-finances/

Clicker and Ryewolf   ADMIN TEAM 

Regretfully we have to once again ask members for  some financial support in order to  keep TIPF  running till December 2023. The more pledges we have to become  FRIEND OF THE FORUM  the less the individual cost will be so  if you want this Forum to continue  please follow the link below  and decide  if you are able to  support us . Thank you all for your support in the past ... it has been appreciated  a great deal ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-important-notice/

Clicker and Ryewolf  ...  Admin Team 

Hi TIPFers 

I AM HERE AGAIN WITH THE  BEGGING BOWL TO ENSURE THE FORUM CAN KEEP GOING ... Please follow  below if you want to  support the continuation  of this Forum and  this  small but friendly community. 

As always your support is  both vital and appreciated ...

Clicker and Ryewolf ...

https://www.tipf.co.uk/forums/topic/57184-202223-forum-finances-update-4th-july-2023/

Off the benefits

Well after being (still am I suppose) a single father of three for 18 years, my youngest son has just re enlisted today back into Plymouth College for his second year of Plastering.

Today having received the money finally from my dead fathers house, took from the 12th November to this Friday just gone, I called the DSS, Council and more, I am delighted to say I am now back in work, self employed, ok I may fail but for the sake of my sons I will have a B************ good try.

• Like 2

I too worked with and for many individuals and families reliant on benefits.........

Your release and feelings of freedom after becoming independent must be what can only be described as euphoric?

I admire the sheer tenacity and drive you have developed whilst setting up your photographic business, and I wish you every luck in the world.

I will add a note of caution too..........having witnessed the similar euphoria of a couple ( long time friends) who, overnight were raised from struggling pensioners to being made very rich via an inheritance......that was ten years ago. During the interim period they have, made numerous silly and disastrous purchases of cars, caravans and luxury goods, they have taken four holidays abroad every year.......but sadly....they never appear to be really happy......happy inside, I mean. They mither and bicker continuously about their rapidly diminishing money pot.......I feel very sad for them both, because, they had it all, but it hasn't made them any happier than they might have been.

It might be a good idea at this stage to, step back, give yourself time to really think about just how rapidly things have changed for you in two very significant ways....... The sad loss of a parent combined with the euphoria of a large inheritance releasing you from a very real and inhibiting burden.

You business plan, seems to be working, you have made HUGE efforts both emotionally and financially.........you are riding the crest of the wave currently, I congratulate you, but please ensure that you hang on to that metaphorical surfboard, ready to enter the troughs of business and personal life ;-)

FUJI

Can I just please ask people to exercise a little more sensitivity when talking about benefits? I know you don't mean to offend, but some of us are on benefits through disability and, in my case, make no apologies for being now reliant on something I paid into for so many years. I do get frustrated here, when there is talk of "getting off benefits - YAY", when for some of us they are a lifeline without which it would not be possible to have an independent life.

• Like 1

Can I just please ask people to exercise a little more sensitivity when talking about benefits? I know you don't mean to offend, but some of us are on benefits through disability and, in my case, make no apologies for being now reliant on something I paid into for so many years. I do get frustrated here, when there is talk of "getting off benefits - YAY", when for some of us they are a lifeline without which it would not be possible to have an independent life.

No one is moaning about people on benefits, my son gets DLA, I will still get Carers Allowance, however I have found over the years that too many people on benefits are quick to jump when people like me are happy to come off, NOT because I have any reason to feel a sponger, I am just happy to be going into my OWN business having had a lucky break

No one is moaning about people on benefits, my son gets DLA, I will still get Carers Allowance, however I have found over the years that too many people on benefits are quick to jump when people like me are happy to come off, NOT because I have any reason to feel a sponger, I am just happy to be going into my OWN business having had a lucky break

The reason people on benefits are so sensitive Jeremy, is because of this Government's and the tabloid press's attitude that we are all workshy scroungers, if not outright fraudsters. Ordinary decent people, faced with this constant brainwashing, now soak up this attitude and many take it for granted that it 'must be true'. I'm fighting a constant and losing battle everywhere about it. It brings me to the point of severe depression, which is not good for my condition. I - we - just want to be left in peace, receiving what we have every right to receive.

• Like 1

I agree, in fact I banned myself from the "Ugly Hedgehog Forum".

I made the mistake of saying I was on benefits, I will not say what constant abuse I received from the "pig farmer" and Lighthouse.

However I too have a right to say "I" am happy now and not be made to feel guilty either ;)